Another Aussie Here

Options
firebloom
firebloom Posts: 109 Member
Hi everyone,

I've been using MFP intermittently for a while but I've finally committed to taking it seriously.

I'm a 24 year old woman living in Melbourne, Australia. I've lost about 10kg already in the last 6 months mind you about half of that was due to a stressful breakup and not taking care of myself properly. Regardless, I'd like to keep it off and continue to lose more.

I've been at least a little bit overweight for pretty much my whole life and I don't actually know what it's like to feel average. I'd love to reach a point where I just feel normal and not chubby or overweight.

I've increased my exercise lately. I have a decent elliptical trainer at home and I've been doing 20-40 minutes a day. I've also eliminated refined sugars from my diet and I'm feeling much healthier for it. I struggle with depression and I had a recent relapse but I've found that the healthier lifestyle has helped me come out of that and avoid the need to go on medication.

Currently I weigh 86kg (189lb). My next goal is getting to 75kg (165lb) at which point I will reassess and possibly set a lower goal. I find that I work better when I focus on small goals.

If anyone is in a similar boat to me or lives in Melbourne, I'd welcome some friends on here for extra support.

Replies