I had no idea Lentils were so good! and a coconut dish I act

Options
..ually liked!...the title didn't fit lol!

Ok....so I had a recipe in my book of "meal plans" for Coconut Curry Sea Bass over Red Lentils.

I almost didn't make it because I'm not a big fan of coconut, but that's mostly the texture. So I made the recipe with Tilapia instead of Sea Bass because I had some in the freezer....It was so good! I was afraid the fish would be too sweet with the coconut flakes and milk, and agave nectar, but there wasn't that much, so it wasn't sweet. And the lentils were cooked with just a little salt. And the curry in the title....the recipe called for cumin, but no curry, haha.

So you coat the fish fillets (four 3 to 4 oz fillets) with a little coconut flakes and cumin. Put a few slices of leek and red, yellow, orange bells on top, pour on 1 tbsp light coconut milk and 1/2 tsp agave nectar (I'm sure honey might work too) on each fillet....roll up and tie each fillet. Bake for 20 min in preheated 400 degree oven.

Have lentils cooking while fish is in the oven...and make sauce.... some more veggie slices (leek and bells) with 3/4 cup light coconut milk and 1 tbsp agave nectar in sauce pan on medium heat.

The recipe said put the fish on top of the lentils and top with sauce, but I had the lentils on the side.

I cannot believe how good this was, and if it was just a random recipe and not one of my meals in my meal plan, I probably would have never made it lol! Yum Yum....

FYI...The book I am using is Skinny Chicks Don't Eat Salad by Christine Avante. The food is great! and not all of the meals are time consuming, there are some grab and go items too.

Replies