46 year wants to loose 135 lbs in need of much support

Options
2»

Replies

• Julesbait
    Julesbait Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    You're off to a great start! I'll never say that the whole process is "easy". But the longer you stick with it, the more it will become habitual and just a part of every day life.

Like others have said, set mini-goals for yourself. Celebrate when you reach them!

It's a marathon, not a sprint. And at the end is such a great reward! (So I hear, anyway. I'm still trying to get there, too.)
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Mini goals! Break it up. Maybe add in some goals that aren't just weight based too, so that you don't end up feeling like you are doing nothing but thinking about the scale (eating healthier, exercise goals).

When I realized I had 100 lbs to lose (I'd been thinking it was more like 60, until I got on the scale and faced it), I was overwhelmed, but then I decided to just break it up into 20-30 pound chunks and sometimes smaller amounts. I also thought about how much better I'd feel even just 20 lbs lighter. Now that I've started, that's SO true. I'm still a long way from goal, really not that far from where I delusionally assumed I was when I decided I had to take control of it, but I feel great at my current weight, even though it's a weight that is by no means idea, and so energized to keep going and make it to goal. You will be surprised at how fast the time goes if you just focus on getting the trend going the right way and getting healthier.

Good luck and welcome!