Should you give up? The answer is no!♡

Options

Replies

• GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    Love this post so much I would make you that Peanut Butter Ice cream and not even take a bite.. well maybe for quality control!!

tumblr_mtjio5vnWW1sim7uuo1_500.gif
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    Great job ....... you look amazing ...... and I am jealous !

Eating well & moving each day gets me closer to my goal ......

And knowing that life without ice cream or pizza is boring ....... who wants to be bored ?

Just take HUMAN bites !
  • kcmcd
    kcmcd Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    All the thumbs in the world, up.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    tumblr_mxa9b9nRT41smcbm7o1_400.gif

Giving up will definitely help you lose weight and reach all of your goals.... said no one, ever.

Well said.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    You're an inspiration, thanks for posting your path!

You look healthy and fit, good work:drinker:
  • Chevy_Quest
    Chevy_Quest Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    Not only are you an inspiration, but you really write well too! What an awesome post..... You motivate us! :smooched: :drinker: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :smile:
  • janatarnhem
    janatarnhem Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    I am going to re read this again and again! Complete sense, but easy to overlook sense in the hard times!
    Thanks OP!
  • KameHameHaaaa
    KameHameHaaaa Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    LOVE THIS POST!! And also... love your back! OMG.
  • SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options
    You are amazing - a great inspiration, thank you for putting yourself out there for so many to see. I hope that just one of these women who think they have to starve themselves or that this is too hard will read this and see how 'simple' it really is... do your research but don't over complicate it! Cheers! :drinker:

:flowerforyou:
  • SugaryLynx
    Options
    Oh admit it, you just make these posts so you can show off your sexy bod and ice cream! :love:
    Learning sustainable habits during weight loss is pretty crucial to overall sustainability long term and that is far more important than racing to finish. I mean, you want to keep the weight off, right? (Okay, my case involves lifting heavy things and bulking but that's not the same as just gaining weight freely, it's mindful to overall fitness for muscle gain but ya know :P). And even IF worse case scenario you did gain weight and it wasn't water retention, sodium, TOM (for us ladies)....it's not the end of the world! Keep trying!

This one part really spoke to me. I gained my weight during my last pregnancy. It was a tough pregnancy, I was exhausted, even ended up on modified bed rest near the end. No, my pregnancy isn't responsible for me gaining the weight, but eating a lot of take out and not being able to move around much did the trick.

Because of that I was freaked out about the idea of take out food after I started losing on MFP, and cooked everything at home so I could control portions or ingredients. I remember my first during- weight-loss take out meal - pizza, because it was one of those fundraiser nights for my daughter's school. I planned for it to fit into my calories, even threw in an extra workout in the days leading up to it so I would have plenty of wiggle room. Ordered the pizza and fit it in. I was very excited.

Then I spent the evening with my hand in a family size bag of M&Ms. It had been in our house for weeks, I hadn't gone near it, but something about the take-out pizza triggered that old behavior. I felt like crap the entire rest of the night and the next day (not physically, but emotionally) because I felt like I'd just screwed up my entire week.

I didn't end up gain weight. I don't remember if I lost as much weight or any weight that week, but I didn't gain. And like you said, it wasn't the end of the world. It actually taught me that I could relax a little and not cook all the time. We still cook at home 98% of time, but now we eat out once or twice a month (stuff's expensive where I live), and I'm ok if I don't lose that week or don't lose as much. One day isn't going to screw up months of progress.

:flowerforyou:

A majority of my weight gain was pregnancy as well. I started at 125 lbs out of high school. Slowly gained until I kind of sat at 140 lbs for a few years. Then, after my first baby I topped out at 190 lbs. I lost about 40 of it through starving myself and excess cardio. Thought I had to eat like a rabbit and Banish all the ebils.♡♡

It was having my second child May 16th 2013 that I found a better way. I mean, after my 6 week postpartum check up, I had fully intended on the 1200 calorie non net that I had done and relapsed on. Because well, I'd done it once and hey, it worked! (Not to say I was too pleased with the end result I maybe went down a few jean sizes but visually was not too much different). The forums here, people in the Eat, Train, Progress group changed my idea of health and fitness for forever. I slowly upped my calories and was floored to see I could still steadily lose weight at 1650 net.

Sara was my inspiration when I first found the forums. Then, so many other beautiful ladies on here popped up (guys too KYLE). I mean, I was blown away at the idea that I could lose weight, be healthy, and still enjoy myself.
  • SugaryLynx
    Options
    This is a perfect post. :) Thank you so much for advice and motivation. I'm more than halfway through my journey and sometimes this becomes the HARDER part of the journey (the newness and novelty have more-or-less worn off) so it's a matter of reminding yourself about the LIFESTYLE change rather than the 'quick-fix.' You're looking great! :)

I'm truly glad I can help ♡ And you're right, it does where off and we're left with that decision. Relapse of push.

I still have some weeks where I'm just mentally worn and I have to push myself. 100% of the time when I do that, I am glad by the end that I did do that. Especially with weightlifting for me. To get stronger, there's no better feeling. :)

And thank you so very much♡♡
  • SugaryLynx
    Options
    Love this post so much I would make you that Peanut Butter Ice cream and not even take a bite.. well maybe for quality control!!

tumblr_mtjio5vnWW1sim7uuo1_500.gif

I'd get out two spoons to share:heart:
  • SugaryLynx
    Options
    Great post. This should be pinned at the top for people who feel like quitting or having doubts.

YESS! I concur..bc there are plenty of posts today that need to read this thread.

Daaaw ♡♡ Thanks for the vote of confidence. You guys rock! And yes, part of my inspiration to write this was seeing a few posts asking about giving up. Never!
  • SugaryLynx
    Options
    Brilliant, SugaryLynx :drinker: . Ooh, and that's the first leg pic of yours I've seen! Hubba, hubba:heart::love:! I am moved to another level of inspiration. Thank you!

Seriously, progress pictures are my new motivator. Sure, tape measure and strength gains and the scale show tiny progresses, but the pics--our pics show the overall progression.

And the answer to the post title--NO, always NO!:flowerforyou:

♡Squeee. Thank you! One of my physical goals was to get those angular lifter legs and with this bulk, I'm definitely seeing a bit of that at laaaast. Eeeee!!

And I agree, there are some crazy awesome ladies on this website who inspired me every day to push myself
  • SugaryLynx
    Options
    Great job ....... you look amazing ...... and I am jealous !

Eating well & moving each day gets me closer to my goal ......

And knowing that life without ice cream or pizza is boring ....... who wants to be bored ?

Just take HUMAN bites !

:flowerforyou: Thank you so much! ♡ and you're right, each step you take to better yourself is a step in the right direction. Even a step back is progress, so long as you're aiming to move forward.

Oh, I would be such an ice queen without my gelato!
  • SugaryLynx
    Options
    All the thumbs in the world, up.

:D
  • SugaryLynx
    Options
    tumblr_mxa9b9nRT41smcbm7o1_400.gif

Giving up will definitely help you lose weight and reach all of your goals.... said no one, ever.

Well said.

:flowerforyou: dem mutual feelings. And thank you♡♡
  • AbbeyDove
    AbbeyDove Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    That was lovely. Thank you, and congratulations!:flowerforyou:
  • Teresa_3266
    Teresa_3266 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Great post!! Tomorrow I complete my first week since I rededicated myself to the plan. I honestly don't know if I've ever been this determined, but I also know how fleeting that determination can be. So far I am really getting a lot out of MFP. More than any other weight loss board. Thanks again!! :happy:
  • jkal1979
    jkal1979 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    FV3B8By.jpg