Protein supplements

Options
Does anyone know of a good protein shake or bar? I want to supplement my protein after a workout. I tried some Pure Protein shakes and they were all clumpy- not tasty. Don't know if I got a bad batch or if they are all like that.
Any recommendations?

Replies

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Powder - I use Designer Whey and GNC LEAN 25 - both have several flavors

Bars - Quest
  • joshbond85
    joshbond85 Posts: 28
    Options
    I use Met-Rx powder mixed with milk and fruit. Then I nutribullet the living crap out of it to declumpify
  • Rowood101
    Rowood101 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Quest bars. White chocolate and raspberry and chocolate brownie are my favourites.
  • myfitnesspale3
    myfitnesspale3 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    You shake long enough then clumps will go.

Eas 100% whey and Pure protein with only water and ice taste ok to me but it's secondary to nutrition and convenience. I like the taste of Quest bars but they come with higher carbs that do not appeal. You not eating these things for fun are you?
  • daniellee725
    daniellee725 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I use the Sprouts brand Chocolate flavored Whey protein powder. I mix 1 scoop (90 calories) with 1 1/2 cups of unsweetened vanilla almond milk (60 calories) and it tastes just like chocolate milk. Recently I've been adding a tablespoon of PB2 (25 calories) to give it that desert taste of peanut butter and chocolate. It tastes like a milkshake, but it's only 150-175 cals. I also would suggest getting a blender bottle (the little whisk ball) if you're not going to blend it in a blender. It helps a LOT with the clumps. Hope that's helpful :)
  • monolith66
    monolith66 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition has some of the best and most diverse flavors, well priced, mixes easily and goes down smooth. I usually get banana cream or french vanilla and add PB2 to give it a nice subtle peanut butter flavor.
  • Walter__
    Walter__ Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    I've learned that protein powder always goes best with milk; it sucks with water.

A good, low calorie option is with almond milk. Almond milk has only 30 calories per cup.

A frozen banana always makes it taste better.
  • kirkor
    kirkor Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition has some of the best and most diverse flavors
    I have their Chocolate Coconut and it is aMAHzing!