Sodium

Options
Alright people so i have been deployed now for 4 months and when i left the states i weighed 207 and now weigh about 165ish. My question is sodium. I know that too much is not good, as is anything. Just how much for us fitness fanatics who when they go to the beach dont want to look or feel bloated.

I often hear of people training with plastic bags on and all that which im sure works quickly but to me still seems unsafe and ups the risk for dehydration. So where on the sodium chart is healthy?

Any help would be great!

Replies

• matt2kdnd
    matt2kdnd Posts: 4
    Options
    Alright people so i have been deployed now for 4 months and when i left the states i weighed 207 and now weigh about 165ish. My question is sodium. I know that too much is not good, as is anything. Just how much for us fitness fanatics who when they go to the beach dont want to look or feel bloated.

I often hear of people training with plastic bags on and all that which im sure works quickly but to me still seems unsafe and ups the risk for dehydration. So where on the sodium chart is healthy?

Any help would be great!
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    U.S. government recommends no more than 2200 mg a day and lower for those with High Blood Pressure. The U.K. Government recommendations is lower--1600 mg. a day from what I've read.