Anyone on the antidepressant Viibryd?

Options
It's relatively new to the market and my doctor put me on it. I'm scared to death I'll rapidly gain weight. Wondering if anyone has experience with this medication?

Replies

• earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    I have been taking it for about 18 months and have not noticed any problems. i was already heavy when I started and really didn't notice any significant gain. I started it because I was uninsured and could get it for free from the pharma company. Before that, I was taking zoloft and wellbutrin, but needed the brand version of wellbutrin because the generic didn't work for me. I couldn't even afford Canadian pharmacy prices for it and went off everything for about 9 months. The Viibryd has actually made me feel better than I have in years and works better than the zoloft/wellbutrin cocktail which I took for about 8 years before I had to stop.

I had issues with nausea when I started and when titrating up. Ginger tea really helped that and the nausea stopped a few weeks after reaching the full 40mg.
  • ebayaddict0127
    ebayaddict0127 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    I have been taking it for about 18 months and have not noticed any problems. i was already heavy when I started and really didn't notice any significant gain. I started it because I was uninsured and could get it for free from the pharma company. Before that, I was taking zoloft and wellbutrin, but needed the brand version of wellbutrin because the generic didn't work for me. I couldn't even afford Canadian pharmacy prices for it and went off everything for about 9 months. The Viibryd has actually made me feel better than I have in years and works better than the zoloft/wellbutrin cocktail which I took for about 8 years before I had to stop.

I had issues with nausea when I started and when titrating up. Ginger tea really helped that and the nausea stopped a few weeks after reaching the full 40mg.

I've been on nearly every medication known to man (Wellbutrin, Zoloft, Prozac, Celexa, Cymbalta, Effexor, Lamictal). I'm PRAYING Viibryd works for me. I'm so tired of being depressed. Thank you so much for the info.
  • earlnabby
    Options
    I've been on nearly every medication known to man (Wellbutrin, Zoloft, Prozac, Celexa, Cymbalta, Effexor, Lamictal). I'm PRAYING Viibryd works for me. I'm so tired of being depressed. Thank you so much for the info.

Haven't tried prozac but that looks like my list. Good luck. I hope it works as well for you as it did for me!
  • debbyc1970
    debbyc1970 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I really hope it works for you! For me, it made me so sick I actually lost weight. I stuck it out for 12 weeks but finally had to change to Zoloft.
  • earlnabby
    Options

Also, make sure you take it with food (both for absorption and to help if you get some nausea) and check your other prescriptions and OTC drugs or supplements in a drug interaction checker. Things like acid blockers (prilosec, nexium, etc) can block the absorption.
  • Luv2eatSweets
    Luv2eatSweets Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    My doc stuck me on Lithium and Seroquel. I put on 35lbs. I took myself off cold turkey (not something I recommend ) Had a lot off night sweats and suicidal thoughts. Now drug free and happier than I have been in a long time. Good luck to you op...hope everything gets better for you soon.