New to the site and looking for friends

Options
Im new to this site and love it (recommended it to all my friends and family). I joined because i have already lost 16.8kg on my own and have been platueing for 2mths :( im finding it really hard to loose the last 14.6kg.

Would love any tips anyone can give me

Thanks

Replies

• MsLisaB
    MsLisaB Posts: 256
    Options
    Hi and welcome to MFP! :drinker:

You'll find lots of support and advice here.
  • PrincessPudgy
    Options
    First of all welcome :) I hope you find it nice here.

Second of all - well done on that accomplisment. It's hard to lose weight and you've done a great job so far.

This site can be greatly beneficial in counting your calories. As a suggestion for losing the last lot of weight, if your eating the right amount of calories - perhaps you just need to change up your exercise regime. Do something a bit different.

Good luck on your journey!
  • goron59
    goron59 Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I think many people have hit plateaux and overcome them (me included, although I'm not sure how!).
    There's probably something in the food/exercise diaries, but always plenty of support and motivation here!
  • naughtydoguk
    Options
    To exit a plateau you need to eat above your bmr for a week, maybe more, this will tell your body to comne out of starvation mode, then use the zig-zag method to stop going into plateaus.

Have a listen to
    http://www.fat2fitradio.com/2008/10/fat-2-fit-show-45-breaking-weight-loss-plateaus/
  • fthoodbaby
    fthoodbaby Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I suffered through a 9 wk plateau. First and most importantly, do NOT give up! I finally broke mine and I think what helped was changing my exercise. Usually I get all of mine in from walking and/or running. But I got the Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred and started losing the 2nd week with it. Lost each week that I was doing it -- three weeks ago I decided I was tired of it and quit and don''t you know that my weight loss quit too! Guess I have to go back to having workouts that are not all walking and running!

Feel free to add me if you want. Always looking for friends to support and to help support me on this journey!
  • TwiFan5
    TwiFan5 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Hi, welcome to my fitness pal, I have only been a member for the last two weeks and am amazed at all the support that goes on, I am not sure how I am going with my weight loss but hope to find out this weekend.

You can add me, I am always up for meeting new people.
  • lornawalker
    Options
    Hi welcome, you have joined a great site with lovely people that will keep you motivated and on track. You can add me as a friend, its always nice to meet new poople. Good Luck with the weight loss :bigsmile: