16 POunds to go!!

Options
Hey all :) I have done very well so far, I am down from 170 to 146, but really strugling to get my goal of 130. I workout 6 times a week, some days 2 hours and It was working very well at first but I think I think i´ve hit a plateau :( Any recomendations on new exercises or anything thats been working really well for people? :flowerforyou:

Replies

• CallMeAllie
    CallMeAllie Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    i've always been told that variety keeps that from happening, wither it be from different workouts or different calorie ranges if that helps at all... :)
  • Neptune8265
    Options
    I would change things up. Change when you work out, change what you are doing when you work out, change what you are eating, and maybe even when. Change helps move through these stubborn times.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    Plateau is just another word for eating at maintenance. Since you have to little to lose, I'd recommend that you set your goals to lose .5 pounds per week.

Also, have you had MFP figure new calorie goals for you with every ten pounds you lose? It's important that you do this because as you get smaller you need less calories.

Changing things up is for variety only and has nothing to do with whether you lose weight or not. The only thing required to lose weight is a calorie deficit.

Do you weigh your food? Where do you get your calorie estimates from?

ETA: I looked at your diary. It looks like you use cup/spoon measurements. which is not the same as the grams/ounce weights. Also, I'm pretty sure you are WAY overestimating your calorie burns.
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    Hey all :) I have done very well so far, I am down from 170 to 146, but really strugling to get my goal of 130. I workout 6 times a week, some days 2 hours and It was working very well at first but I think I think i´ve hit a plateau :( Any recomendations on new exercises or anything thats been working really well for people? :flowerforyou:

How long has this "plateau" been?
  • jcelestine88
    Options
    When I was reaching my plateau, I had to look at what I was eating. I love eating hamburger helper for dinner with my salad, but when I noticed that I was consuming 320 calories on a workday, I need to make a change since my weight didn't drop that much 3 weeks ago. I had to cut it out due to the high sodium intake and sugars. That is well over 1500 calories I did not eat for my work week. But it was delicious in the beginning...lol!! In addition, I increased my intensity in the gym and basketball court to get me to my goal weight. So look at what you been eating first off and then challenge yourself with interval training at the gym.