Cut back exercise and...lost

Options
So I've been struggling with exercise addiction for years now and am living back at home before grad school. Mom and I had huge fight over it and I ended up having to drop from this:
Mon: 1 hr spin, 30 min strength
Tues: 1 hour strength class
Wed: 1 hours spin
Th: 30 min strength
Fri: 1 hour spin, 30 mins strength
Sat: 1 hour cardio
Sun: rest because work at restaraunt 10am-5pm

To only spinning three days a week...no cardio, no extra spin. I had been maintainin weight and fluxing up frequently. Then weighed in yesterday for one week mark on this and weight DOWN 1.2 lbs. literally overnight lost .6 lbs. Still think may just be low flux but man it's shocking and exciting. Don't want to hear how it could me muscle loss or whatever, because I feel free for first time in my life. Anorexia recovery rocks sometimes. Took a week of fears, tears, and so much support, but so happy I did it.

Replies

• Madame_Goldbricker
    Madame_Goldbricker Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Good for you for finding the strength to cut back on the exercise. I can only imagine how hard that's been for you. Enjoy your freedom! :happy:
  • SnicciFit
    SnicciFit Posts: 967 Member
    Options
    Stress plays a big factor in our health (and sometimes our weight). Exercise is stress. It can be good/bad depending on many factors. It's difficult to find that happy medium for your body (we're all different and our body's "happy medium" can change from time to time) where you're doing enough exercise, but not too much. Sounds like you are well on your way to finding what makes your body happy right now :smile: