Partial success through struggles

Options
I was raised in a family that loved food and loved to cook good food. My father's mom believed the bigger you were the healthier you were. So my dad learned to cook good food and as an adult he was 6' 6'' tall and over 300 lbs.
When I was a child I was very skinny, until middle school I started to gain weight. In high school I was 6' and 250lbs.
For years I struggled with my weight and I had no real friends or any guys who showed interest in me.
It wasn't until 2008 that I success with my weight loss. After my father was diagnosed with colon cancer my parents decided to move to the neighbor they had always dreamed of living. It was there that I began walking my dog for an hour every morning. At first I convinced myself I was doing my dog a service my getting him a chance to get out of the house. And slowly over the coarse of the year my weight started to come off.
At the end beginning of 2009 I hit a plateau of 200lbs. I has at the weight for a year. Then I met my future fiancé and we began our relationship. 6 months into the relationship he candidly told me he couldn't be with a girl as big as me. So I started getting serious about my weight and lost another 30lbs.
Now I have been at this weight for 4 years. And I want to complete my original goal of having a toned bikini body.
Oh, and unfortunately my father passed in March 2011 from colon cancer. Don't feel sorry for me because I know he is in heaven. And someday when I get to go home I'll see him again. So in the mean time I see 100 years a blink of an eye compared to eternity with him again.

Replies

• hyg99
    hyg99 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Well done.
  • Emerald5671
    Emerald5671 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    You have been on quite the journey. You are doing a great job moving toward your gal. Please add me for support:smile:
  • Care76
    Care76 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Good job!
  • Joyfulkneves23
    Joyfulkneves23 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    You should be very proud of yourself and your success. Keep up the good work :smile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!