How would you count these calories?

Options
I cant find this restaurant in the database. I went to a mexican restaurant called Cristina's and had tableside guacomole & too many tortilla chips. Then I ordered chicken fajitas but ONLY ate the chicken and mexican rice about 1 cup. Maybe a spoonfull or two of refried beans. I cheated yesterday... ugh!! I am thinking about 1000-1500 calories, right?

Thanks

Replies

• tigertchr23
    tigertchr23 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Just try logging each ingredient of what you ate . . . at least it will give you a ballpark??
  • even__better
    Options
    Or you could try looking up a different Mexican restaurant and use their values?
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Options
    Couldn't tell you but it's good for your diet and your mind to cheat every so often (overeat!). That way you aren't depriving yourself. You have to eat 3500 extra calories to gain a pound. That's 500 extra calories a day to gain a pound a week. I went to Ruby Tuesday a while back and had appetizer (fried shrimp in yummy sauce), garlic - cheese biscuits, meal and tiramisu for dessert. I ate over 2000 calories that day and it didn't affect my weight at all. If the scale goes up the next morning it's due more to water retention from all the extra sodium.

Just don't overeat every day and you will be fine.
  • gambitsgurl
    gambitsgurl Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Guac

Amount Per 1 cup
    Calories 367.53
    Total Fat 34.84g
    Sodium 351.68mg
    Total Carbohydrate 17.22g
    Dietary Fiber 11.41g
    Protein 4.54g

Chips (qudoba) #
    Total Calories:560
    # Portion Size:4 oz

Fajitas (chili's meat only had the HIGHEST count so I went with that one)

Calories 380 Sodium 2110 mg
    Total Fat 12 g Potassium 0 mg
    Saturated 2 g Total Carbs 28 g
    Polyunsaturated 0 g Dietary Fiber 4 g
    Monounsaturated 0 g Sugars 0 g
    Trans 0 g Protein 39 g
    Cholesterol 0 mg

Mexican rice
    Serving Size: 1 cup
    Amount per Serving

* Calories 180 Calories from Fat 32

% Daily Value *

* Total Fat 3.5g 5%
    * Saturated Fat 0g 0%
    * Sodium 0mg 0%
    * Total Carbohydrate 33.1g 11%
    * Dietary Fiber 0g 0%
    * Protein 3.7g 7%

so....... as a total guestimate

1487???

*runs*
  • forswearitssight
    forswearitssight Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    The same thing happened to me last night. I ate at this tiny place and there was no way I was going to be able to look up their nutrition. So I just came on here and looked in the database for something similar to what I ate. It's never going to be exact but it can give you a good ballpark.
  • nomoremuffintopness
    Options
    thanks everyone!