Hello, How do I....

Options
Hello all! I am semi new to MFP, I have been using it for about a month on and off but I am not ready to use it every single day! I would love to have some support from other people that are in the same boat as me (trying to lose weight, get healthy etc.)! I also am wondering how I add the info that is green and attached to the bottom of your post? The stuff that has SW, CW, sometimes quotes and goals... Can anyone help me out?

Thank you!

Replies

• twnzmom
    twnzmom Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    You go to the signature page and type in there. But they only allow you so much room.
  • porkeyswife
    Options
    hi i am new to mfp at the moment i got a week off work but am back in work next week, i am worried incase my healthy eating goes out of the window whilst at work because there is so much temptation there especially as i cook for people and was wondering how i can avoid this?? also i wont be able to do my diary everyday when im back in work as i do afternoon shifts and will sometimes forget to complete it but i want to keep track on how i am doing its going to be really hard, any help please??
  • gambitsgurl
    gambitsgurl Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    hi i am new to mfp at the moment i got a week off work but am back in work next week, i am worried incase my healthy eating goes out of the window whilst at work because there is so much temptation there especially as i cook for people and was wondering how i can avoid this?? also i wont be able to do my diary everyday when im back in work as i do afternoon shifts and will sometimes forget to complete it but i want to keep track on how i am doing its going to be really hard, any help please??

to be blunt, you just have to do it. but let me offer you this; there is NOTHING like the feeling of waking up in the morning knowing how strong you were the day before. Although I don't cook as a profession, I do cook for my family. I have a problem but they don't so I cook normally for them and I make healthy low calorie choices for me. The great part about MFP is you don't have to "avoid" foods as long as you have portion control.

Also, the first time I lost (105 lbs) there was no MFP - I did it the old fashion way. You carry around a small note pad and write EVERYTHING down and I mean everything. Never let it leave your side. Slip it in your pocket. When you get back, log what you ate.

This is totally doable. You have it in you to do it if you really want to. It's logical. Nothing hidden. No surprises tricks or games. You just have to really decide to.

xoxoxo
  • porkeyswife
    Options
    to be blunt, you just have to do it. but let me offer you this; there is NOTHING like the feeling of waking up in the morning knowing how strong you were the day before. Although I don't cook as a profession, I do cook for my family. I have a problem but they don't so I cook normally for them and I make healthy low calorie choices for me. The great part about MFP is you don't have to "avoid" foods as long as you have portion control.

Also, the first time I lost (105 lbs) there was no MFP - I did it the old fashion way. You carry around a small note pad and write EVERYTHING down and I mean everything. Never let it leave your side. Slip it in your pocket. When you get back, log what you ate.

This is totally doable. You have it in you to do it if you really want to. It's logical. Nothing hidden. No surprises tricks or games. You just have to really decide to.

thank you for this help it has made me realsie that things are not as hard if i put my mind to it, really usefull information thanks again xxxx

xoxoxo