Motivation & friends needed! :)

Options
twisty_
twisty_ Posts: 16 Member
Hi All

I'm not so much as new as have been using the app since February this year. However I don't have any friends on here & am now starting to lose motivation & feel I need people to talk to as am hitting a brick wall but really don't want to undo all the hard work I've done!

Please feel free to add me as a friend if you too would like support etc :)

We can do this together
Thank you x

Replies

• twisty_
    Options
    Thank you to the 2 new friend requests :) we can now support each other. X
  • Winston817
    Winston817 Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    49 here about to be 50 looking to drop 10 feel free to add. Good luck.
  • twisty_
    Options
    Hi Dave, thank you for your post.
    I've been a member since February but this week started finding it hard & weightless seemed to have hit a plateau - this has knocked me as was doing well.
    So need the motivation from others, I also have a good sense of humour - I'm not always getting down about weight lol.
  • gardengirl40
    gardengirl40 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    You seem like a positive person, the more of those in the world the better! :smile:
  • twisty_
    Options
    I try to be & enjoy supporting others. If taking 5mins out of my day can make others feel better than that's fine with me :) x
  • EatingAndKnitting
    EatingAndKnitting Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Sent you a friends request. :) I'm new here, just joined yesterday, thanks to Fitbit. :)
  • twisty_
    Options
    Thank you & added you :)
    I've been a member since feb but never really used MFP properly for the community side till today lol
  • toadg53
    toadg53 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm old enuf to be your mom, but would still be delighted to be your friend. I can offer whatever encouragement or advice I can for you and would welcome any in return. Don't be discouraged. Remember, this is for a better "rest of your life" ... don't look back 2 or 5 or 10 years and wish that you'd hung on "back then". Good luck. I'll send a friend request.
  • kansas_km
    kansas_km Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I'm newer to the social side of this too but have met some great people who have given me good advice on my lack of good eating. Sometimes you just need someone with fresh eyes to see what you are doing.
  • Dube11
    Dube11 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me!
  • twisty_
    Options
    Hi. I'm old enuf to be your mom, but would still be delighted to be your friend. I can offer whatever encouragement or advice I can for you and would welcome any in return. Don't be discouraged. Remember, this is for a better "rest of your life" ... don't look back 2 or 5 or 10 years and wish that you'd hung on "back then". Good luck. I'll send a friend request.
    I'm happy to be your friend! Age is just a number :)
    Thank you for the advice & I'll be sure to return this too. We can do this together :) x
  • twisty_
    Options
    Feel free to add me!
    added :)
  • edmwnd
    edmwnd Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I've been a member since feb but never really used MFP properly for the community side till today lol

I can beat that. First signed-up in 2012 and only today looked at the community/forum bits of the site! Just used MFP - very sporadically - as a calories counter till now, but it's good to read other people stories etc.

In terms of motivation, I agree with toadg53 - the avoidance of future regrets is what keeps me on the ball these days.

Best of luck with your goals.
  • twisty_
    Options
    I'm newer to the social side of this too but have met some great people who have given me good advice on my lack of good eating. Sometimes you just need someone with fresh eyes to see what you are doing.
    completely agree! I'm doing so well & am really proud of myself but this weekend I'm just having meltdowns lol.
    I also need to think a bout my exercise & start changing that as think I'm getting used to what I'm doing. Be so nice if I could just buy a new body lol.
  • twisty_
    Options

I can beat that. First signed-up in 2012 and only today looked at the community/forum bits of the site! Just used MFP - very sporadically - as a calories counter till now, but it's good to read other people stories etc.

In terms of motivation, I agree with toadg53 - the avoidance of future regrets is what keeps me on the ball these days.

Best of luck with your goals.

You beat me lol! I mainly log in on my phone & thought how d'you get friends... Well now I know & today have made loads of friends all offering support & motivation - just what I needed :)
    Good luck to you too :)
  • BillRicks1
    BillRicks1 Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well.
  • mom2morgan12
    mom2morgan12 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi! I have been on and off using this and other devices to make this journey easier, BUT tommorrow i start yet again, this time i hope for the last time.. I have the summer without my daughter and im able to completely focus on me. Hard enough! I am happy to talk and listen :) We can get to our goals! Alison
  • mom2morgan12
    mom2morgan12 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    How do u add people ?
  • WINEYINVA
    WINEYINVA Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I have been a member for a while but recently started tracking everyday and really measuring my food with a small kitchen scale and being mindful of everything I eat (also due to health reasons not just loosing weight) I don't have many friends and look at the community posts if something looks interesting or helpful so feel free to add me
  • SpinSpinSugar69
    SpinSpinSugar69 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I have been here over a year and use the app daily.Added you!:)