Been gone 2wks due to surgeries, cancer, school stress!

Options
Two weeks ago my 3 1/2 yo daughter had her tonsils and adenoids removed and since she had to stay home I have had to stay home to take care of her. So I haven't worked out in 2 wks plus we've eaten out more than ever. Then a week ago I found out that my poor stepdad's lung cancer returned and he has to have surgery to try and remove the tumor, again. This, of course, is causing my mom to freak out (she has no coping skills unfortunately). I've also been doing a lot at my older daughter's school because I'm her homeroom parent and there's all kinds of end of the year stuff that's going on. And on top of it all, this month marks the 2yr anniversary of the illness that nearly killed me. Before all of this I was doing well and had even lost 4lbs and 1/2" on my waist. Now I'm back to square 1.:frown:

Replies

• thegirlwholived
    thegirlwholived Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Two weeks ago my 3 1/2 yo daughter had her tonsils and adenoids removed and since she had to stay home I have had to stay home to take care of her. So I haven't worked out in 2 wks plus we've eaten out more than ever. Then a week ago I found out that my poor stepdad's lung cancer returned and he has to have surgery to try and remove the tumor, again. This, of course, is causing my mom to freak out (she has no coping skills unfortunately). I've also been doing a lot at my older daughter's school because I'm her homeroom parent and there's all kinds of end of the year stuff that's going on. And on top of it all, this month marks the 2yr anniversary of the illness that nearly killed me. Before all of this I was doing well and had even lost 4lbs and 1/2" on my waist. Now I'm back to square 1.:frown:
  • barracudamuscle
    barracudamuscle Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Thegirlwholived, I wouldn't get too worked up about being out of the game for 2 weeks. Thats a drop in the barrel. Look at it this way, you have been on the healthy track for awhile, and had you not changed your lifestlye you could have been alot worse off then you are now. It may seem like a step back but what counts is your trying. Celebrate your two year anniversary by doing something for you, or your kids. Maybe take your child to dinner and a movie, ice cream(For her tonsils if shes not sick of it by now), maybe get a massage.

I know how hectic it can be sometimes and to try to fit in a new lifestyle and exercise with it all isnt really practical. Everyday is a new day, its not like you threw in the towel and called it quits, your just at a busy time right now in your life simple as that. Your doing great, don't sweat the small stuff were all human! :drinker: :flowerforyou: