McDonalds Made Me Fat??

Options
ZebraHead
ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
I was reading another thread and did not wish to hijack it so I'm here. The gist of what got me to post is that McDonalds is the evil empire that forces folks to eat and become obese.

IMHO:

Why is it McDonalds' fault? Don't eat there. Yes they make it and advertise it, but who's eating it and why? People need to stop entering the Golden Arches. I have no love for them, but please, I have not seen Ronald out in the street grabbing people and throwing them in the door.

People need to own up and take responsibility. Boo Hoo I'm obese because I can't stop eating 3 Big Macs a day! WTF!

Want McDonalds to go away? Stop eating there.

Replies

• KZOsMommy
    KZOsMommy Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Amen!!!!!
  • DJH510
    DJH510 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    A good no nonsense post, good stuff my man.
  • hkystar
    hkystar Posts: 1,290 Member
    Options
    TRUTH!
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    Mcdonalds didnt make me fat, putting that big mac in my mouth did :noway:
  • freeatlast20
    freeatlast20 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    this made me laugh.....McDonalds made you fat....hahahaha....no one forced you to eat it....this is the truth if ive ever heard it....thanks for writing....you made my day
  • AznKimi
    Options
    My first post, a reply.... lol. Go figure!
    I'm completely with you on this! People have the opportunity to make either a healthy choice or one that isn't so healthy. Come on! It's OUR job to monitor what goes into our bodies and what effect said things have on our bodies.
    Especially since Mc'D's has salads, unsweetened teas apple slices fruit..... etc. It isn't like the employees have you roped down and force-feeding you mcnuggets til 'you bust.

Mad kudos to you for this post you made me giggle a bit. =]
  • KendalBeee
    KendalBeee Posts: 2,269 Member
    Options
    completely agree!!
  • yellowfairy
    yellowfairy Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I totally agree. I hate when people blame their weakness on things like that. I know when I eat there-it isn't good. It isn't their fault that I am there though-it is mine for walking through the door, or driving through the drive through. You make the decision to go there, they don't make it for you.
  • pilotgirl2007
    pilotgirl2007 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    I completely agree with you! People just like to make excuses to make themselves feel better. It's the same with the kids meals ordeal that is going on the parents feed their kids those meals and then blame the fast food industry for making them appealing. What happened to teaching our kids about their health and free will to choose healthier food.
  • groucherella
    Options
    Here Here! I completely and utterly and wholeheartedly concur sir! No one is putting a gun to anyone's head and making us choose poorly. We have free will and with it, temptations and practices in self discipline and will power.
  • Bigpelly8
    Bigpelly8 Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Haha...now that's funny. Ronald Mcdonald grabbing people!!

Ya know, your right on with this. My first step to starting my healthy lifestyle, was accountability. I know I'm in this situation, because I let myself get here. Me, Myself, and I....nobody else!! I opted for convenience instead of health, and all it got me was 200 lbs overweight!! That's a lot of Chicken Mcnuggests!!!

Accountability People!!! Step one!!! :-)
  • nancyggg
    nancyggg Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Yes, they made me fat too. Along with Wendy's and any other one I went to while I was being stupid and not caring about what I put in my mouth. BUT Seriously, they should be sued?? What is up with that!? No one forced me to buy and eat that.

We have to be accountable for ourselves as adults.
  • gnrshelton
    gnrshelton Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I agree. McDonalds does NOT make people fat. People eating to much is what makes them fat. I am overweight but I also know its my own fault and am working on correcting that. I don't thing McDonalds needs to go out of business. If people want to eat there then it's a free work. Eat it in moderation and not every day.
  • Jillid71
    Jillid71 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I actually feel bad for big bad McD's - they get the blame when there are countless other restaurants out there that are worse (hello KFC- I am talking DOUBLE DOWN here!!!) At least with McD's- they do have healthy alternatives, especially for kids. We do get happy meals once a week usually- and my kids will always ask for apples instead of fries, and juice or milk instead of soda. That 1 cheeseburger or 4 pc nuggets isn't going to derail what they eat the rest of their week.

But the media and health organizations out there always blame MCDONALD'S!! Don't get it. Stop blaming the restaurant and blame the person.
  • miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Options
    I agree, I can never imagine why people always blame the fast foods. They know the food is fattening, so why do they eat it.

Please, its noones fault but the person who eats it.

I enjoy a Mcdonalds once in a blue moon, and when I do, I know darn well, that its no good, which is why its once in a blue moon.....
  • FrenchMob
    FrenchMob Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    Uh oh. Your post makes sense, but it's controversial so it'll probably get deleted. :indifferent:
  • kimjoan
    kimjoan Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    A few years ago a woman in CA tried to sue McDonald's for making her son fat - it got thrown out of court. Hello people PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY, glad to see so many others here on board with that! Yea, some are overweight because food was the medication that made us feel better in bad situations/something bad happened to us. However, at the end of the day - the only one that is in control of you is you.

Happy Friday! : )
  • ashlee954
    ashlee954 Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    I actually feel bad for big bad McD's - they get the blame when there are countless other restaurants out there that are worse (hello KFC- I am talking DOUBLE DOWN here!!!) At least with McD's- they do have healthy alternatives, especially for kids. We do get happy meals once a week usually- and my kids will always ask for apples instead of fries, and juice or milk instead of soda. That 1 cheeseburger or 4 pc nuggets isn't going to derail what they eat the rest of their week.

But the media and health organizations out there always blame MCDONALD'S!! Don't get it. Stop blaming the restaurant and blame the person.

AGREED! Cheesecake Factory is another culprit. On yahoo almost every week there is the food section artcles where they say eat this not that. Cheesecake Factory ALWAYS has a number one "worst food in America" listed. And they don't get blamed for making people fat...
  • emersoam
    emersoam Posts: 179
    Options
    I get annoyed by McDonalds always taking all of the blame on this sort of thing. McDonalds has dramatically increased its healthier food and beverage options over the past few years, and they are much better than most of the other fast-food restaurants! If you take an honest look at the nutritional info on different restaurant menus, you will find that most restaurants are full of high calorie/high sodium foods. (Example: check out the insane sodium counts at good ol' Subway!)
  • RaeN81
    RaeN81 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    I'm living proof that it's the choices that you make that make you fat. I still eat fast food a couple of times a week (not that I'm an advocate for this!) and have managed to lose and maintain my weight. I simply changed what I ate at restaurants and used self-control. Nobody else can MAKE you FAT. By the same token, nobody else can MAKE you THIN!