Trying a new way, looking for friends!

Options
Usually when I diet I always do it alone, and most of my friends don't even know I'm trying to lose weight. Mostly this is because I am in better shape than many of my friends, and I don't think that most people take my desire to get in better shape too seriously. I look fine, but I have a high body fat percentage and I'm tired all the time. My husband is athletic and my kids are very active, and I just want to keep up the pace. Everyone in my immediate and extended family is overweight or morbidly obese, and I really want to nip my weight and health issues in the bud before it becomes even more challenging - life is challenging enough as it is! So, want to lose only 20 pounds or so, maybe one or two dress sizes, but my biggest goal is to cultivate a more nurturing lifestyle that includes foods that will energize me, and a consistent exercise routine that keeps me fit, stress free, and engaged with life.

So, with all of that, I'm looking for friends that get that and can be supportive, help keep me to my word! And really, I feel better now just having put that into words! Thanks for reading, and good luck to you on your fitness journey as well!

Replies

• Jillid71
    Jillid71 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Consider yourself friended! It helps- because we are all going though the same thing.
  • clahut
    clahut Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I think you are doing the right thing - it is about a longer term lifestyle change. I've sent a friend request!.

C
  • SharonsJetSet
    Options
    I'd love to be your MFP friend. I have a lot more weight to lose than you (about 40 pounds) but ultimately we both have the same goal - to get fit and healthy. I'm on MFP every day, may times a day. I'm very supportive. I open my food menu for people to see and comment on. Feel free to friend me

Sharon
  • WonderNoodle
    Options
    20lbs or 100....women of ALL sizes have the same struggles and that took me awhile to realize. when my "skinny" friends would complain about the size of their butts while i was 250+....I thought they were insulting me. The reality is, they weren't happy with themselves and probably thought I would be more understanding.

I am now.

I need some skinny girls in my corner :blushing:
  • cef957
    cef957 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I could have written your bio as it is almost mine!
  • blel0906
    Options
    I don't usually share with my friends either...I used to then it became a joke oh she's on another diet, then their are the sabotogers that say oh one piece of cake won't kill you...or when I tried doing it with a friend it became more of a compitition

Support is great which is why I like these boards...Be honest, no embarassment for slipping up and you will find lots of support.

I'll friend you as well...good luck.
  • chelsifina
    chelsifina Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    wow! Thanks so so much everyone! I'm so looking forward to this! I'm off to friend you all...thank you thank you!
  • Heidi716
    Heidi716 Posts: 135
    Options
    I totally relate! I never make my diet a topic of conversation, but because spending time with others often revolves around food/drink, I end up avoiding my friends since I don't want to temp myself with poor choices. It's very hard to be social when dieting. :(