PCOS and weight loss

Options
hi. I started gaining weight in 5th grade and have had an issue since. I was diagnosed with PCOS when i was 21 and havent had consistent health insurance to do much about it... not that much can be done but still. anyway since then (i am 35 now) I have had horrible eating and exersize habits most of the time, except that i dont drive so walk a lot on a regualr basis. I used to be in retail sales but since 2012 i have been working for myself from home which is very sedentary.

anyway twice i have gotten really serious about my health and gone on weight watchers (i just switched here from weight watchers this week, for reasons). both times i get to the point i am now, 30-35 pounds lost... and then cant lose a thing for months. last time i gave up. this time i dont want to but i have been stuck here for a month and a half at this weight. I took up running and run 30-50 minutes a day, 4 days a week. weight train 1-2 days. i still walk all the time, still no car. i stick to my program most of the time (although i am considering locking my kitchen after 8pm... when i start getting restless... ) i track every day, i eat high fiber low fat. drink water, dont starve myself... and i know i am gaining muscle.

but i have this PCOS and it is a known issue that people with it have a really hard time losing weight, and a really easy time gaining it. and it is frustrating. anyway i dont want to quit this time because for one thing i am in LOVE with running. so i am training for a marathon next year and if i dont lose some more weight i will have a pretty hard time doing that.

so i dont know what i am looking for here, either commiseration or advice or encouragement or personal stories... . i have health insurance now... finally. so i will probably find a doctor soon but if anyone who is in the same boat has it has any tips i would welcome them.

meanwhile i will try not to hate too much on my endochrine system.

(ps, no need to check my food logs because until 3 days ago i was on weight watchers not here. )

anyway i just wanted to talk.

Replies

• babyruth9899
    babyruth9899 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I have PCOS also. The only thing I can see with your diary is that you're not eating back enough of your calories. I finally decided to get serious about losing weight. I've lost 30 pounds so far. Hopefully MFP works better for you than WW. Best of luck!
  • chadya07
    chadya07 Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    yea i was just kinda trying to figure out what the heck the last few days. also the first two days my calorie goal was set high because i put my lifestyle in wrong and it gave me wayyyy too many so its out of whack. my food these two days has been weird too because of what is on hand grocery wise in the house...