Weight Watchers ProPoints

Options
Hi all,

I'm about to start the new Weight Watchers Propoints plan tomorrow (after having followed the Discover Plan since February). I was wondering if anyone has tried it so far and what their success has been with it? I've heard that it gives your weight loss a boost even if you've been dieting before you start it. Lots of people have been getting losses like they did when they first started the plan and I wondered if anyone had had this experience?

Also, what are your general thoughts on the plan?

Thanks!

Replies

• FeistyKitty808
    FeistyKitty808 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hello,

I just did some searching on the Propoints plan and found some interesting blogs(on WW) and articles online. It sounds to me like they are getting more in line with how calories should really be counted. The reason I joined this site and discontinued tracking my points on WW is that I wasn't losing with WW. I followed the pts, but the scale was barely moving. Frustrated, I can to this site, #1 this site is free, #2 it is working for me. With WW I found that I was playing the game with the pts, up the fiber so I could up the calories, well that was the problem. I was upping the calories so much so that I was consuming more. I have used WW in the past and lost weight and am not saying it is a bad program, but bottom line it stopped working for me. The Propoint plan does sound like a better plan. Google the Propoints plan and you will find more info. Hope that was helpful.

You seem to have come a long way on your weight loss journey, great job! I hope to follow in your foot steps...
  • takethepieces
    Options
    Hello,

I just did some searching on the Propoints plan and found some interesting blogs(on WW) and articles online. It sounds to me like they are getting more in line with how calories should really be counted. The reason I joined this site and discontinued tracking my points on WW is that I wasn't losing with WW. I followed the pts, but the scale was barely moving. Frustrated, I can to this site, #1 this site is free, #2 it is working for me. With WW I found that I was playing the game with the pts, up the fiber so I could up the calories, well that was the problem. I was upping the calories so much so that I was consuming more. I have used WW in the past and lost weight and am not saying it is a bad program, but bottom line it stopped working for me. The Propoint plan does sound like a better plan. Google the Propoints plan and you will find more info. Hope that was helpful.

You seem to have come a long way on your weight loss journey, great job! I hope to follow in your foot steps...

Thanks! I've done it all with WW and I don't think I could have without. I got the info from a friend, so it really didn't cost me much to follow the plan so it's all good. As you say, it's about finding what works for you and thankfully, I've found that WW is working for me. I'm glad MFP is working for you and well done on your loss so far! I've got most of the new info, I was just interested to hear from someone who had tried it out and what their results were like. Thanks for your reply xox
  • takethepieces
    Options
    Anyone???
  • pitapocket
    pitapocket Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    From the little I've read on propoints it sounds like a high protein low carb diet. Here is a site that offers a free propoints online calculator. You could use it to input some of your favorite foods to see how they calculate compared to the old system. If I am correct about the low carbs part, it won't work for me as I can't last without my carbs. I am currently a lifetime member of weight watchers and this program hasn't been offered in Canada yet. There was a thread here from the UK which I've pasted below for you. Let me know how you make out on this program, I'm curious.

http://www.wijvallenaf.nl/Weight-Watchers/ProPoints-Calculator.html

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/133361-new-uk-weightwatchers-propoints
  • takethepieces
    Options
    Hi Pitapocket,

I'm starting the new plan today, so if you add me I'll let you know how it goes when I WI next Saturday. I wouldn't say it was a low carb diet as such. It says that things high in protein and fiber are less points, but from the things I've worked out, most things have gone up as have your points, so you can pretty much each similarly to how you did before. Only you're allowed more fruit and snacks may be a little harder to have.
  • pitapocket
    pitapocket Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Hi Pitapocket,

I'm starting the new plan today, so if you add me I'll let you know how it goes when I WI next Saturday. I wouldn't say it was a low carb diet as such. It says that things high in protein and fiber are less points, but from the things I've worked out, most things have gone up as have your points, so you can pretty much each similarly to how you did before. Only you're allowed more fruit and snacks may be a little harder to have.

Thanks, I'd like to check in with you to see how the change is working out. Congrats on your weight loss, 65 lbs, wow, great job.