Hope this is ok to post :/

Options
Really proud of myself tonight. Some idiot hit my wing mirror and the casing came in my open window and hit me on the head. Somehow also got grit/crap in my eye so went to hospital to have it checked. The nurse found a massive piece of grit in my bottom eyelid. Anyway its all ok and no long term damage done BUT I instantly was tired and thought about a takeaway or some chocolate. I pulled into the garage on way home and then realised I am better than this. I do not comfort eat anymore! So I told myself the brown rice could cook whist I sorted dogs and made a salad. And guess what I feel great :D I don't need the fatty foods to support me now and this is only day 4!

Replies

• oedipa_maas
    oedipa_maas Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    You should be very proud! I had a similar success this past week. Such moments can seem small, but they really aren't.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,709 Member
    Options
    Fine to post. And a good one.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Pebblespooch
    Pebblespooch Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Thanks. Yes Oedipa, these small things to others are big to us :)
  • Charloo1990
    Charloo1990 Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    Well done, small victories are the best :) i'm onto my 4th week of being good now and have really struggled tonight but managed to talk myself out of it, such a good feeling when you get through it.
  • chrissyrenee1029
    chrissyrenee1029 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    That's a wonderful accomplishment! As a fellow comfort eater I understand what I big deal it is. Glad everything turned out OK for you with your eye as well!
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    Good job!! Self control Is very important! :-)
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    Good for you. Treat foods are totally ok, but it's not necessary to comfort yourself with food after a bad day. Kudos for finding a better way to self-sooth and break the vicious cycle. Also sorry about your mirror. I did that to my own car at the bank drive-thru once. Ripped it right off and I looked and felt like an idiot. :explode:
  • vickyplum
    vickyplum Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Self control Is very important!

And you totally rocked it

Well done you
  • saadagio
    saadagio Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm proud of you.. Great job. Keep up the good work. :)
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    Glad you were not badly hurt. These type of posts can help others realize that life circumstances should not side-track us...
  • tpt1950
    tpt1950 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    awsome1_zpsf24f0c0f.gif
    2lii-14d710_zps5137ae4e.gif