Big BOOTY questions-- HOW TO build one?

Options
Ive done quite a bit of research and I have already chosen the workouts Im going to use and they are:

TWICE a week= Cable kickbacks, Inner/Outer thigh, Weighted hip thrust, Weighted Butt Bridge (4-to-6 sets of 5-to-12 reps)

I have heard you have to try to beat your last workout and/or progress in weight and reps to get maximum results. My question, what are the ideal weights and reps for each and what is the progression? Do you add weight weekly? Monthly?

I am fairly new to lifting for my glutes but can handle 50 lbs 6 sets 10 reps so far. It is a bit awkward doing doing the butt bridge tho without a spotter laying the barbell on me lol.

Also, I am in fat burning phase working on around 1200 cals per day. Should I up my cals a bit on the two days I do the butt workout since I am trying to make my butt bigger? I see very thing women with nice shapely round butts who are slim so I am pretty certain you can build your butt while cutting fat at the same time.

Thanks for your help!!! :smile:

Replies

• Galatea_Stone
    Galatea_Stone Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    What is your height? Weight? Bodyfat estimate (percent?) and goal weight?

I'm 5'7" and right around 125, and I eat 2600 to gain, and I lose on anything under 1850 (albeit slowly). I maintain on 2000-2100. Unless you're 5' tall, 1200 is probably too low.

That being said, the gluteus maximus is the largest muscle in the body and will respond by rounding out when it is isolated. You aren't likely to grow a booty in a calorie deficit, but it will round out.