3 weeks in and 3 lbs lost

Options
I've been tracking my food intake for3 weeks on and off. I've noticed the more honest I am with everything I put in my mouth, the better I feel and the easier it is to make good food choices. I didn't have much trouble with weight until after 40. The stress of my daily life and running with the kids had me eating unhealthy. My husband found myfitnesspal as an app on his phone I decided to try it. It was a little hard to track every meal on the phone even with a full keyboard, so i quit for a week. I remembered there was a website on Monday and joined. I am so glad. This is so much easier. I did sparkpeople about 3 years ago but that was a hassle. This is not. I have done Atkins and The Flat Belly Diet, even You on A DIET. They worked for a while but I couldn't incorporate them into my daily life. This gives me the flexibility to make my own choices and not completely cut out certain foods, but limit them Eat them as an occasional treat So nice to have the calories counts right in front of your face.

Replies

• kmtetour
    kmtetour Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Good for you! I'm fairly new to MFP, as well, and have found it to be an excellent way of keeping tabs on myself. Even without trying, I was noticing that the act of entering my food into MFP forced me to pay attention to my choices.
  • TammyBee
    TammyBee Posts: 178
    Options
    Calories in calories out. Who would have thought it was so simple.:happy:
  • kellykat2
    kellykat2 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Well Welcome!, You are doing great! Keep logging and keep moving. That is what I need to do.

I, like you, have never had a weight problem until I turned 49 , lost my job after 17 years and am post menopausal. I can't blame age and menopause on my 20lb weight gain though, I take resonsibility for the food I put in my mouth and the lack of exercise. I am back to work after 10 months unemployment. I have started to make changes since going back to work. I have been very good the past few week swith exercising and trying to eat right. I know that I have not always made the best choice, and if I did, I would lose more than a pound a week. I am getting discouraged about the slow weight loss, but I have lost inches and my clothes (the ones I had to buy because I gained 20lbs) are fitting better. Hopefully by the 1st of the year, I can get into my real clothes!

There's an app for the phone? I have a black berry, I am going to look for it!