Hello and Sugar Help

Options
2»

Replies

• sdsheridan
    sdsheridan Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm keeping track of sugar because I love sweets and I'm trying to cut down on candy, soda, etc. Replacing it with fruit which has not as much sugar.
  • msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member
    Options

I have a quick question if anyone can help. I love eating fruit, I like to get my 5 portions of fruit and veg a day, only this app sets the sugar limit really low if I eat two or three pieces of fruit I go over my daily allowance of sugar. Can I adjust my levels without it affecting my weight loss? Surely fruit is a good thing?????

In the absence of a medical condition I wouldn't bother tracking sugar. Just keep an eye on your overall calorie intake.

The issue with sugar isn't really the substance itself but rather how it comes packaged.

Added sugar usually comes packaged with fat or in a concentrated form. This makes it highly palatable which makes over eating much more likely or harder to resist.

Sugar found in fruit comes packaged with other stuff (fibre for example). In addition, it is also generally fructose which is the preferred source for topping up liver glycogen which will then send a "full, stop eating" signal to your brain so helps with fullness (and therefore reduces over eating.

You may have guessed the biggest issue here is...over eating.