How to balance macros for a more filling meal?

Options
I have problems with over eating at night and not eating enough during the day, so if anyone here could give me some advice on what food combinations are best to make a meal most satisfying, so that I don't pig out later! Like I know if I eat a bag of chips for lunch I won't be satisfied, but I just can't figure out the right balance that will keep me full, especially throughout the evening! Or does it even matter? I'm confused because of all the mixed advice all over the internet :(

Thank youuu :D

Replies

• RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Are you up late at night? What time do you go to bed?
    Maybe nighttime eating is "normal" for you.
    Otherwise, think if is as only a habit, a habit that is hard to break but a habit nevertheless.
    You can break/ change/ modify a habit.

--->> OR, seriously, skip day time eating and eat only at night.
    That might work to keep you within your calories.
  • oneoddsock
    oneoddsock Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Generally, fruit/veg, protein and (healthy) fats will keep you feeling fuller for longer. Avoid things with lots of salt or sugar, as they generally just make you crave more.
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    In my experience, a meal containing a moderate amount of fiber, plenty of protein, and a moderate amount of fat tends to be the most filling to me. Protein, fat, and fiber are all very good at making you feel satiated and full. An example would be a peanut butter sandwich on wholemeal/whole wheat... When I have a peanut butter sandwich, I don't feel hungry for hours! Best of luck :flowerforyou:

Also, if your habit is to eat at night, then maybe eat lightly throughout the day and save the majority of your calories for dinnertime, as RodaRose mentioned :smile:
  • Lourdesong
    Lourdesong Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    Increase your protein and fiber. Higher protein and fiber in your diet will help you feel full and satisfied longer.

If you're binging at night, make it a point to eat throughout the day so you don't become famished. If you're eating because you're just bored at night, then stock your fridge with low cal but high volume foods to munch on, like celery and whatnot. Choose boring foods when you want to chew on something out of boredom. :)