Gained weight in a deficit??

Options
2»

Replies

• YamaMaya1
    YamaMaya1 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    500 calories a day is not enough for anyone. I'm noticing a disturbing trend in which you weigh yourself daily, eat minimal food, and stress about the scales. The numbers are controlling your life and you need to take back control.
  • elyelyse
    elyelyse Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    Absolutely. Sore muscles can mean that your cortizol level are high. You are probably retaining water. Unless you ate 7000 calories yesterday you didn't gain 2 lbs. You simply are holding the water. Drink more water. Rest your body. And stop stressing!!!
    Thanks I hope not, I really want to lose 20lb by september, not looking likely as I've been aiming for a 2lb loss per week and that still has not happened :-( just 1lb per week for the last 3 weeks
    If your profile photo is current, you don't have enough extra weight to lose 2lbs a week. The closer you are to a healthy weight the slower it comes off. Creating a larger deficit to rush the process will not do the job you hope it will...it will just leave you cranky, hungry, and jiggly (bc in the process you lose extra muscle, rather than mostly fat, if you lose too fast).
    2lbs a week is for those with more to lose (like those trying to lose 75 pounds). If you have about 20 lbs to lose, then 1lb a week is a pretty awesome rate of loss. (And keep in mind that the more you lose the slower it will go...typically the last 10 pounds comes off at a snails pace....half a pound a week is normal.)
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    I prefer to weigh every morning thanks

If every little normal fluctuaction bothers you, then you are not a good candidate for daily weigh-ins. The solution really is to weigh less often.

I used to be bothered or more like confused by the fluctuations. Once I understood them, no more :smile:
  • 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    You could be holding onto water weight

You could have eaten something high sodium

Might not have been a number 2

TOM is coming up

It could be lots of things, your not going to know...

Just keep going, weigh maybe once a week, weighing often is not good, your weight changes so much