It's Friday!! What's for dinner?

Becky011
Becky011 Posts: 384
edited September 22 in Food and Nutrition
I love Friday nights!! :) and I always want to plan something great for dinner. What are you having this Friday night??

Replies

• Most likely nothing spectacular. Fish, limas, baked potatoe ( but I'm so tempted to have mashed potatoes, or mac and cheese or ...or...or...or..) I may do the mac and cheese and limit my portion to a single serving.
  • Hungry Girl's philly cheesesteak (only 300 cals) and really, really good!
  • I made Spaghetti Pie last night so it's leftovers today ;)
  • Well since the my "men", husband and son, are going to the deer camp I am likely to have a Health Choice meal or Subway. Boring huh? I would rather have something with lots of chocolate but I will be good!!
  • ♥_Ellybean_♥
    ♥_Ellybean_♥ Posts: 1,646 Member
    We usually eat out on Friday, usually Buffalo Wild Wings - I eat a salad and 3 wings... he gets a big salad.

But I'm tired today and really looking forward to home... in another 5 hours!! lol... So any ideas?

kechevarria: What's this Cheesesteak..
  • Becky011
    Becky011 Posts: 384
    Well since the my "men", husband and son, are going to the deer camp I am likely to have a Health Choice meal or Subway. Boring huh? I would rather have something with lots of chocolate but I will be good!!

It is that weekend!!! :) I almost forgot. Lots of ladies on their own this weekend. Sometimes (Sometimes :) I like being on my own, then its easier to pick something healthy. my man is the pickiest in the world. lol
  • We usually eat out on Friday, usually Buffalo Wild Wings - I eat a salad and 3 wings... he gets a big salad.

But I'm tired today and really looking forward to home... in another 5 hours!! lol... So any ideas?

The version I eat consists of thin slices of sirloin steak, sauteed onions, fat free american cheese slices, and a whole wheat hot dog bun. YUMMY!! Check out Hungry Girl's website for tons of awesome recipes. I have all of her cookbooks and LOVE them...even my family (son and hubby) love the recipes too.
  • GooBeGone
    GooBeGone Posts: 439 Member
    1 cup of chunky new england clam chowder w/a 12oz coke zero lol
  • just4peachy
    just4peachy Posts: 594 Member
    Pumpkin sloppy joes with ground turkey :)
  • Well since the my "men", husband and son, are going to the deer camp I am likely to have a Health Choice meal or Subway. Boring huh? I would rather have something with lots of chocolate but I will be good!!

Go with Subway. Totally better off than eathing Healthy Choice frozen meals...have you looked at the ingredient list on those things?
  • ♥_Ellybean_♥
    We usually eat out on Friday, usually Buffalo Wild Wings - I eat a salad and 3 wings... he gets a big salad.

The version I eat consists of thin slices of sirloin steak, sauteed onions, fat free american cheese slices, and a whole wheat hot dog bun. YUMMY!! Check out Hungry Girl's website for tons of awesome recipes. I have all of her cookbooks and LOVE them...even my family (son and hubby) love the recipes too.

Ooooo.. Thanks... Do you know the website? If not I willl Google it.. I'm always looking for something new to cooK!
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    i'm having subway too
  • We usually eat out on Friday, usually Buffalo Wild Wings - I eat a salad and 3 wings... he gets a big salad.

Ooooo.. Thanks... Do you know the website? If not I willl Google it.. I'm always looking for something new to cooK!

www.hungrygirl.com Let me know what you think.
  • ashlee954
    ashlee954 Posts: 1,112 Member

WHAT? How do you make these???? :bigsmile:
  • tattoodfreek
    tattoodfreek Posts: 520 Member

WHAT? How do you make these???? :bigsmile:

Yeah! I want to know too! I love anything with pumpkin in it.
  • ♥_Ellybean_♥
    i'm having subway too

Subway for lunch for me!
  • I can't decide. My time tonight is fairly limited because I have a class I take one Friday night a month, and that is tonight. My gut (instinct and belleh) are suggesting Chipotle but I don't know that I reeeeally want to do that. Tomorrow morning is my weigh in day and I don't like to sodium up right before weigh-in day. maybe i will just do a big ol' bowl of cereal.
  • ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Broiled (1/2&1/2 marinated bonless, skinless) chicken breasts with herbs/spices and parmesan cheese topping for the last few minutes

Steamed carrots and asparagus (nothing fancy)

Some type of bean (probably black)

and a glass or two of some pick of a red wine.
  • maurap26
    maurap26 Posts: 90 Member
    1c.chicken/veg stir-fry
    1/2 c.br. rice
    salad & 2 tbsp.lite poppyseed dressing

the stir-fry is leftover from last night, I'll probably make my husband something else.
  • mrsewert
    mrsewert Posts: 430 Member
    I'm having Subway for dinner.

And since I have a party tonight I'll stop at home and make up a quick salad or lean cuisine. :)
This discussion has been closed.