sorry if someone has already written about this

Options
How do you know that you're drinking enough water? I've been reading online that it all depends on your weight but I don't know where to calculate it? I'm drinking a liter and a half of water a day already.

Replies

• bskb
    bskb Posts: 8
    Options
    MFP recommends 8 cups ( 8oz each) of water a day. From what I've read- you should only drink when you're thirsty. Everyone requires a different amount of hydration, so you have to listen to your body. If you're thirsty, drink! :)
  • Katiekat1182
    Katiekat1182 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I read somewhere that everyone should drink at least 8 8oz glasses of water a day and for every 25 lbs overweight someone is they should drink another 8 oz. So since I'm 50 lbs overweight, I make sure to drink at least 10 8 oz glasses of water everyday. Hope this helps!
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    and even if you're not really that thirsty, try to get in the 8 glasses. It's really good for your skin, weight loss goals, it's grrrreat!
    LOL
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    drink as many ounces to equal at least half your weight in pounds.
    Example, if you weigh 180, drink at least 90 ounces per day.
  • tammietifanie
    tammietifanie Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    http://www.csgnetwork.com/humanh2owater.html

I drink about 90-120 oz a day if not more
  • jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    MFP recommends 8 cups ( 8oz each) of water a day. From what I've read- you should only drink when you're thirsty. Everyone requires a different amount of hydration, so you have to listen to your body. If you're thirsty, drink! :)

It's my understanding that if you are thirsty, you are already dehydrated. The key is to drink water throughout the day and stay hydrated.
  • DancingDreamer
    Options

It's my understanding that if you are thirsty, you are already dehydrated. The key is to drink water throughout the day and stay hydrated.

it also depends on where you live and the humidity level. i used to live in Santa Fe new mexico where its SUPER dry and i was constantly thirsty and i probably drank 20 or more 8 oz cups of water every day. now i live in Austin TX where the humidity can get SUPER high but is usually around average and i'm no longer constantly thirsty. if you live in a more humid climate you are less likely to be thirsty as often because your skin soaks up a marginal amount of water from the air.
  • sayuri1
    sayuri1 Posts: 111
    Options
    thanks everyone for the tips I really appreciate your help! :flowerforyou: