Looking for new start in life....

One Day at a time!
edited September 18 in Introduce Yourself
I am a 49 year male from Philly… I have been over weight most of my life. I am looking to lose 80 lbs before I reach the BIG 50 (This September)… I am working out in a gym 6 days a week… I am here for the same goal as you, which is for a better life… Good luck to all my new friends…

Replies

• I am a 49 year male from Philly… I have been over weight most of my life. I am looking to lose 80 lbs before I reach the BIG 50 (This September)… I am working out in a gym 6 days a week… I am here for the same goal as you, which is for a better life… Good luck to all my new friends…
  • Manda86
    Manda86 Posts: 1,859 Member
    welcome :)
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Welcome to the family!

There is so much information and experience here, hope you find the results your looking for.
  • fynendandi1
    fynendandi1 Posts: 122 Member
    Yea...good for you. I too have about 77 pounds to loose. Feels like alot but I tell you every time I loose even a pound and the number on my chart on the left goes up and the number on the right goes down I get so excited and it helps me to stay focused. Going out for a walk now have a great day!!!

:happy:
  • GravyGurl
    GravyGurl Posts: 1,070
    :flowerforyou: welcome and good luck
  • mhenry557
    mhenry557 Posts: 8
    Good for you! I am 37, female, been on this plan for the fifth week now. Started at 148 and am now down 6 pounds to 142! I'm excited, and like you, do not want to hit the big 40 with all this extra poundage. God bless you in this endeavor, as it is truly worthwhile!
  • chriss1tt
    chriss1tt Posts: 365 Member
    Hello and welcome. I am a 49 year old female who wants to lose 50 pounds by my 50th b-day in Nov. I have been here 4 weeks, lost 5 pounds and 5 inches so far.:smile: This site is fantastic. You have found the right place for info and support. Good luck and best wishes. :flowerforyou: Looking forward to you being so healthy come Sept.:drinker:
  • Jendaya35
    Jendaya35 Posts: 79 Member
    Welcome and Goodluck.
  • Kmn927
    Kmn927 Posts: 16
    Good Luck to you Joe!!! Keep the faith and all is possible!! :wink:
  • gabi_ele
    gabi_ele Posts: 460 Member
    Welcome, I'm turning 50 in february of 09 I have to loose a little more.... maybe we could race:wink: (2 pounds a week)
  • Thank you
    The best to you on your goals...
  • Let the race begin... LOL
    We both will finish winner... Best of luck
  • Thank you... God bless you on your road to victory...
  • Keep up the good work...
  • sophialittle
    sophialittle Posts: 344 Member
    welcome!:happy:
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Hell yeah Philly! Where are you from? I'm in University City at least once to twice a month... I'm in Easton myself.

I like that you're looking at this from the perspective that its a new life, and not a diet. Thats more important than I think anyone can really express - they are two very different angles (and only one will really guarantee success if you work at it).

You can, and will do it. Keep up the great work!
  • You are right I must not look at this as a diet but as a new start... I am from South Philly. Home of the forbidden Cheese Steak. LOL

Good Luck
  • parisElle
    parisElle Posts: 13
    Congrats! on your new start
    Keep up the good work and you'll definitely reach your goal

Welcome and good luck!:)
  • gabi_ele
    gabi_ele Posts: 460 Member
    I am so surprised at how much I can eat and still loose weight. I don't think there should be any food forbidden, only if you want to eat it make sure you have the calories in your plan or find a low fat/low cal version on www.hungrygirl.com (and no, not just for girls) their chicken strips and baked onion rings are on my to eat list next week ( have to go to the grocery store first)
This discussion has been closed.