Ramadan Fasting & Training.. 20 hour fast.!!

Options
Hi all, So as some of you will know its the month of Ramadan and it is Day 2 of 30 Days. Here in the UK, the sunrises at 3am and sunsets at 9pm. Thats a long day of no drinking and no eating, at first I used to think it was all about not eating and the gorging on fatty fried foods at sunsets, behold the samosa's, curries and tonnes of naan bread with immense chilli to reignite my taste buds followed with cheesecake or a indian desert.. then to slump on the sofa holding my bulging stomach whilst finding it difficult to move.. baring in mind this goes on for 30 days. When the real purpose of ramadan is finding solitude and prostrating to god and rekindling the spiritual relationship with the almighty, which has been lost along away of chaotic working lives and never really stopping to say thanks.

I am lucky enough to live in this apartment which has a mirrored studio and a full complex gym, and I live on the 2nd floor but yet I am so lazy to go the gym, I even have a membership at my local university gym which is also down the road from me.. but the same excuse of laziness hinders my progress.

So this is it I am doing around an hour cardio every evening after I have opened my fast with dates and a litre of water then I train with all the energy in my body, since starting fasting 2 days ago I have realised I have alot more clarity in my head and I can concentrate better. After my training I am eating grilled tandoori chicken with Portuguese styled rice. I close my fast at 2am with a protein shake and a bowl of shredded wheat and 2 litres of water.

I weighed myself yesterday and I am 12st 2.8lbs (78kg) (I havent been this heavy since 2009) I am doing a weekly weigh in and I hope I can get back to the fit and confident self I once was. Same goes to you I hope you all achieve your desired weight and training goals because nothing is ever impossible.

Lots of Love

Eshax

Replies

• justonebite
    justonebite Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Eshax,

Good luck with your schedule. I find such self-discipline & faith very impressive and fascinating.
    Take care of your health though, and don't push yourself too fast too soon.

Natalie
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    Hi, OP! Blessings to you during Ramadan! I am not Muslim, but here's a link to a helpful guide from other MFP users to help navigate the pitfalls and struggles you may find dieting through your first Ramadan. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1038039-ramadan-fasting-mfp-and-you-a-guide?hl=ramadan

I think there is also a Muslim group here as well. I'm sure if you post in the above thread, a member can point you to resources and groups to help ya out.:flowerforyou:

PS: Feel free to click on the arrow under a certain person's picture and select ignore if you wish. FYI