Running-Weight Gain

Options
I have been on MFP since April of 2013. I had some health issues and was off for about 6 months. For the last 10 days I have been running a minimum of 4 miles a day and watching what I eat. Since I have started back up I have gained almost 2lbs. I don't believe that I had this issue when I started last year. If you could please shed some light on this I would appreciate it.

Replies

• hmroebuck
    hmroebuck Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Your muscles are retaining water, that's all.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    When you start a new exercise routine your body has a tendency to retain water. It's temporary and will go away as your body gets used to the new routine.
  • slimbettie
    slimbettie Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    Glycogen? it certainly is not fat gain.....
  • akaMrsmojo
    akaMrsmojo Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    You said watching what you eat, but are you logging. I tend to eat more when I run if I am not careful.
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    When you start a new exercise routine your body has a tendency to retain water. It's temporary and will go away as your body gets used to the new routine.

QFT. Gained 3 lbs when I got back to my half training after goofing around for a month, about 3 weeks in and starting to see the water go away now.
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options
    Yup, two weeks in to a new running program and 2lbs up instead of the 2lbs down I should be at this point. I'm tracking and eating the same so its absolutely water weight. It will work it's way back off eventually. In the mean time, I'm down another pants size! :drinker: