Heart Attack Grill? Well, at least they're honest!

Options
Just saw a feature on this restaurant yesterday--The Heart Attack Grill. It appears there are 3 of them in Arizona. According to the info online, if you weigh 350 lbs. or more, you eat for free.:noway:

I am not condoning their marketing premise, but at least they are honest about the potential effects of their menu.

Here is a link to a news story that covers the same points I saw in the television feature:

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/life/the-hot-button/obese-customers-eat-for-free-at-heart-attack-grill/article1796704/

Here is a link to the restaurant's website, which takes you directly to their ad on You Tube:

http://www.heartattackgrill.com/

So what do you think? Watch out McDonalds?:wink:

Replies

• carrieliz81
    carrieliz81 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    That makes me sad.
  • eillamarie
    eillamarie Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    As disturbing as it is that there are actually ppl who think all of that stuff is OK....@ least they're honest! Unlike McDonald's who always try to make their food SOUND healthy.
  • amg_89
    amg_89 Posts: 184
    Options
    I saw something about this on tv. If I remember correctly, the guy who started it used to be a nutritionist, right? That's sad when a nutritionist gives up and starts a heart attack grill. I almost feel, by his tone and whatnot on the tv interview, that he's making fun of America's obesity and we're all just eating it up....pun intended.
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    This restaurant appears quite often on the Food Network for certain specials like most fattening restaurants, restaurants with free options or restaurants with the sexiest uniforms (waitresses are all dressed like nurses). To each their own, if you want to enjoy food there so be it.

An important thing about being healthy and/or losing weight is to not focus on what others are doing but focus on yourself, you'll have much more success that way. I’m sure you already know that and I’m not faulting you for posting, it’s always interesting to see what the general public (obese Americans that is) are enjoying but there seems to be a lot more of negative complaining on MFP lately.
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    I saw something about this on tv. If I remember correctly, the guy who started it used to be a nutritionist, right? That's sad when a nutritionist gives up and starts a heart attack grill. I almost feel, by his tone and whatnot on the tv interview, that he's making fun of America's obesity and we're all just eating it up....pun intended.

Hey, if he's successful making people happy (albeit killing them slowly) should he be faulted for coming up with a great and profitable idea? It’s like cigarette manufacturers, they are just providing the public with what they want not forcing it on anyone. Ah well….
  • red01angel
    red01angel Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    Been there, done that. It's gross (I had one bite of my "single bypass" and wanted to hurl - the meat was so fatty it was almost completely white...80/20 is right...if that's the fat to lean ratio), but I found it most disturbing that if you weigh more than 300 lbs, you get to eat for free.

Also, no diet sodas, and they sell filter free cigarettes too...
  • TheNewJessieMae
    Options
    "Honey, lets go down to the gril and you and I will eat for free!!!! The kids are almost there!!!"