Recommended video for a motivated fat chick?

Options
NewTeena
NewTeena Posts: 154 Member
Don't worry, I'm not insulting myself, I'm just a realist. I actually love myself, I'm a pretty awesome person.

Ok, so here's the deal. A couple years ago, I found mfp, and I did very well and lost 42 lbs before I hit a plateau. During that plateau phase, I met someone, and although I didn't make it a conscious choice to stop actively lose weight, that's essentially what happened. The good news is that I did not gain the weight back, I essentially spent the last year and a half maintaining the weight I was, which I see as a huge success! Here I am, back, engaged to the most amazing incredible man I've ever met, and extremely motivated to get down to my goal weight.

I walk fairly regularly, but I'm considering a video to boost things up a little. I have a bad hip and my doctor tells me no stairs and my own research tells me that I should also avoid bicycle type exercises.

What do you folks recommend to get me moving again?

Replies

• Caper88
    Caper88 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Depends what you are looking for at what level you want to start at. Jillian Micheals has a beginner frontside and backside series that is for beginners. A lot less intense then her 30day shred. Tony Horton offers the 10min trainer which is all beginner basic. 21 day fix is also pretty good and offers modification moves.

Are you looking for strict cardio or just weight lifting? or a mixture of both? The biggest loser power walk is pretty good if you are looking for just cardio.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    Since you have medical issues I would consult with your doctor on the best exercises for you. Aquatic might be good but I would definitely work with your doctor.