My right to bare arms!

Options
So, my trainer lady at the gym made me a new strength training routine. This includes working my biceps, triceps, and shoulders so much that it feels as though I have had several IM injections in each arm (you all have had your flu shot right?) so rather than whine about the pain, I will parlay this into a new goal...BARE ARMS at the Christmas party! I have always been embarassed of my beefy white flabby arms and rarely go sleeveless (except bathing suit), but maybe, just maybe this is the year I will bring out the guns. Wish me luck! Who is with me on this?!

Replies

• YeaILift
    YeaILift Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    I planned out my friend's weight lifting routine a month ago. At first she was a little cautious because she didn't want to get "too big". But, I talked her into it and told her it wouldn't happen. She is only doing biceps once a week and you can already see a line of definition. She was so excited.
  • TateFTW
    TateFTW Posts: 658 Member
    Options
    I'm glad to hear you'll be including arm work in your training. Far too many women don't because if this insane belief that they'll all of a sudden look like a female bodybuilder, even though all logic says that won't happen. I think you'll be very happy the the results. Just remember, don't be afraid to go heavier and push hard!
  • skinnyack
    Options
    yeah! Mine have already shrunk but I can't wait to get some more definition in them- Note to self: do more arm exercises!
  • bethm1210
    bethm1210 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I'm hoping to wear a sleeveless dress for my daughter's wedding in June. What sort of exercises are you doing?
  • hamiltonba
    hamiltonba Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I have been working my arms for a while and when I wave goodbye, there is no skin waving too - I love it!!!
  • HeatherMN
    HeatherMN Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    I've been doing ChaLean Extreme and can see some definition in my biceps now and it's awesome! I also love that my shoulders are getting stronger. Yay for weight lifting!
  • Natural
    Natural Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    i bare arms now. sometimes i'm shy about doing so, but i've worked hard on them, so why not. you go for it!
  • jbug100
    jbug100 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I've been doing ChaLean Extreme and can see some definition in my biceps now and it's awesome! I also love that my shoulders are getting stronger. Yay for weight lifting!
  • jbug100
    Options

Just curious HeathrMN, do you ride that fine beast, and does the weight lifting help with your riding? Part of my reason for weight training was to improve my weekly horseback lesson. Thanks for your support!
  • superwmn
    superwmn Posts: 936
    Options
    Luck!
  • jbug100
    Options
    I'm hoping to wear a sleeveless dress for my daughter's wedding in June. What sort of exercises are you doing?

Separate bicep and tricep machines (not sure what the specific names are), overhead presses (5 lbs each hand), flies for the pecs (12.5 lbs each hand), and a machine where I pull 45 lbs from up above to my chest. I do 3 sets of 12 for all of these fun activities. Good luck!
  • mybutterflower
    mybutterflower Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I'm looking forward to the day I'm comfortable enough to bare my arms. Good luck! :smile:
  • mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    You may ask about a kettle bell work out or routine. My arms and back got almost immediate definition as soon as I added this type of weight. Something I never got with my bowflex. I use a 20 and 25lb kettle bell and I haven't bulked up at all, sculpting.
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    You won't regret the arm routines.
  • Sumatra
    Sumatra Posts: 181
    Options
    I've been doing ChaLean Extreme and my arms are looking GOOD! I have so much more muscle in my upper body than I ever have before and it looks AWESOME! I'm in my second month of Chalean now and I am really excited to see how good I look after the 3rd month! I'm going to be showing off my buff arms for sure!
  • qwho
    qwho Posts: 157
    Options
    I am not doing any specific dvd's or programs at this point, but I am doing a couple of exercises with 5 lb weights, hoping that I can get some definition too .... been doing them for about a month now, how soon should I notice a real difference?
  • YeaILift
    YeaILift Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Today was the first day ever in my life to wear a tank top. Coincidentally, it is also the first day that I've ever run 5 miles. :glasses: