Bikini Body Mommy and Donating Blood

Hi everyone,

I'm very new to exercising everyday but have been doing the Bikini Body Mommy 90 day challenge for about a week (basically 3 days cardio 3 days of squats, pushups, etc.) But I didn't think about the fact that they say you shouldn't do "vigorous exercise" for 24 hours after donating and so I didn't workout before my donation. Should I just take the day off from exercising? Or will it be ok to go ahead and do what I had planned for today?

Thanks so much!

Replies

• Llamapants86
    Llamapants86 Posts: 1,221 Member
    From previous experience giving blood I would just take an active rest day. Go for a nice long walk or something like that, then get back into the routine tomorrow.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    go for a walk- or if you are actually feeling up for it- you can start the workout- I know I tired to lift on certain days after giving blood- but sometimes you gotta pull the plug.

So just be aware- and don't plain to go crazy- no way I would have planned heavy squats on a donating day LOL- that would be bad news bears. be smart- and don't get in over your head!!

few reasons to push a workout if there are extenuating circumstances.
  • GiddyupTim
    GiddyupTim Posts: 2,819 Member
    ^^ I agree with this. You just cannot tell how it is going to affect you. I give fairly often. I even do the double red-cell donations, which can really take it out of you.
    Sometimes, I feel a bit sluggish after and exercise is hard, and sometimes the sluggishness lasts for days.
    Other times, I hardly notice it at all.
    I have, a few times, exercised vigorously on the day I have donated, and, another time, I was hardly able to run for three days after.
    It just depends.