Cold after working out?

Options
I don't know about anyone else, but, no matter how long my cool down is (generally between 5 and 10 mins), my body temperature drops dramatically and i'm shivering within minutes of ending cardio. I always put on 2 layers and a blanket after finishing my workout but that hasn't been working lately.
Any ideas on what i could do to keep me warmer ?

Replies

• serena22289
    serena22289 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    That happens to me too. I always try to take a hot shower as soon after my workout as possible to get warm again.
  • kristinlough
    kristinlough Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    I get like that sometimes too! It helped me a lot to add 20 minutes of yoga after. Because it's really calming, it lowers my heart rate some, and it keeps me toasty.

And I always always always put on sweats before I cool down. That might help. And cool down more slowly.
  • msemejuru
    Options
    If you are getting enough iron I wouldn't be worried about the cold. Sometimes I'm freezing after working out; other times I am hot for an hour.
  • Bonnie555
    Options
    great question, I get like that too. I am going to try the yoga suggestion and see if that helps:)
  • mybutterflower
    mybutterflower Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I'm usually freezing too. Part of me thinks it's because I'm burning off all the blubber that's been keeping me warm :laugh:
  • WonderNoodle
    Options
    it's getting chilly at night here in the midwest....when we walk out from an hour of sweating during zumba class, that cold hits our wet bods and WOOOOOO is it cold!

i sit here shivering until i take a hot shower.
  • HidyleDidyle
    Options
    I never realized that this was a common problem. Since I've been working out I've been freezing as well....to the point where I have to go and sit in a hot bath to thaw out. I didn't realize that maybe having a longer stretch/cool down afterwards would help. Thanks for posting your problem and for the suggestions posted after.