TDEE?????????????????

Options
Hi everyone! Ok here I am once again asking a very familiar question. I have asked similar questions before but did not get a satisfactory answer, or at least it still didnt make sense to me. I did a TDEE calculation today and if I included my current activity level it says my BMR is 2340, and my TDEE is 3422 with 5 days of at least an hour of exercise. Without including my current exercise level I got 2340 BMR and 2807 TDEE. SO howmany calories do I eat and do i eat back exercise calories, because this just really doesnt make sense. My current MFP calorie level is 2000 and I rarely eat back exercise calories. To be fair my intakemay not always be 100% accurate but Ifeel I do it at least 90% accurate...please no wisecrackers! I just wantto make sure I continue to lose

Replies

• AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    Subtract 10-20% from your TDEE and eat that number of calories. With the TDEE method, you do not eat back your exercise calories, because they are already worked into your deficit.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    If you include your exercise into your TDEE calculation you do not eat back exercise calories with this method. They're already included in your goal.

Take your TDEE and subtract 20% from it to get your calorie goal.

With a TDEE of 3422 you would eat around 2737 calories every day.

With a TDEE of 2807 you would eat around 2245 calories every day.

Be careful not to overestimate your activity level with this method.

And it should be said that these numbers are always just estimates. Not everyone fits into perfect activity level boxes and some people have faster or slower metabolisms. Pick a number and stick to it for a few weeks (you need to give any changes a few weeks to decide if they're working). If your weight loss is more than expected then you can add more calories. If your weight loss is less than expected then eat fewer calories.

If your intake is not accurate then consider working to get it more accurate. It really can help.
  • JenniferIsLosingIt
    JenniferIsLosingIt Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Asfar as my activity level I walk two milesin approximately 40 minutes 5 days a week, on satrudays I usually push it to three miles or at least throw a couple sprints in. We also go to the beach for several hours and swim and walk, I did just get a scale and I am going to be weighing everything I eat from here on out.