Anyone here lose a lot of body fat without lifting?

Have you reached low body fat (15% or less) without lifting weights? I don't have access to weights, so I'm just eating less and I do some walking in the evenings. Is that good enough for me to drop below 15% body fat? And I'm very self-conscious about my chubby face and was wondering if I can get a slim face by just eating less and walking.

Replies

• jenillawafer
    jenillawafer Posts: 426 Member
    You don't need access to weights to strength train. There are various "bodyweight exercises" that can help you achieve your goal. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bodyweight_exercise Best of luck!
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,603 Member
    I lost before I started with the weights. I did not want to lift weights and only started when the doctors said it might be helpful for reasons other than fitness.. (REALLY don't want to be one of those muscular women! But I'm sure they never have to hand their boyfriend a jar, so yay for them. :)

You can lose weight without lifting. And your face loses, too. One of the first places I noticed weight loss. :)

If you're strong enough, you can do push-ups...or do girl push-ups! You might be able to find some cheap on craigslist. :)
  • mrsmoulton
    mrsmoulton Posts: 12 Member
    I have a very good friend who is a beast in the gym. Everyday she lifts and is super solid but she doesn't look like "one of those muscular women". In fact she just looks like a regular slim girl. I think it must take a lot of lifting, fasting and training to look like a body builder. When I started lifting the weight loss kicked into high gear and I really started feeling awesome. I am careful because I have a disc problem in my neck but overall I think I have less pain when I lift. You might try some lifting and see how you feel.
  • Cheekies_
    Cheekies_ Posts: 319 Member
    Check out the bodyweight exercises on www.nerdfitness.com. Great resource if you don't have access to weights.