Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

What can record calories burned while swimming?

I have the fitbit one and have to take it off when I am in the pool -- that is roughly 1- 3 hours a day of not wearing it :/ I am feeling lost and would like to have something monitor my swim time. It is usually just for fun with the kids but I would love to know what I am burning while in there.

What is a waterproof option for the summer?

Replies

• fincgray
    fincgray Posts: 1 Member
    the Fitbit Flex is suitable for water and has great battery life www.fitbit.com
  • WarmDontBurn
    WarmDontBurn Posts: 1,253 Member
    Wonder if I could use both somehow -- I am not a bracelet wearer on a daily basis so the One is perfect -- tucks away discretely but some days it would be nice to wear the flex
  • linsdog
    linsdog Posts: 94 Member
    Plenty of Garmin and other type watches out there that can record swimming.
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    The Flex would record something but it'd think you're walking around on dry land. It has no way to detect resistance and water is resistance.

I would just manually log the time as 'walking in water' or 'water aerobics' or 'swimming'. It's all just estimates, even a waterproof heart rate monitor.
  • sidleake
    sidleake Posts: 14 Member
    I use the Garmin 310XT. Great for running, swimming and cycling. Designed for triathletes.
  • suremeansyes
    suremeansyes Posts: 962 Member
    Flex is useless for the pool. I have to manually log the time spent in there. It doesn't even log steps taken in the pool.
  • BigC1874
    BigC1874 Posts: 3
    If you have a pool near you that has SWIMTAG installed, it's great for tracking your swimming progress.