Who has reached their weight loss goals?

WalkingGirl1985
WalkingGirl1985 Posts: 2,046 Member
edited September 22 in Success Stories
I think this would be so motivating and would love to hear any successes anyone may have. I want to know how long did it take you and if you reached any plateaus during your journey? I am nearly halfway through mine and so far only hit one weight loss plateau. It took a while coming off the first 3 months and then came to a study 2-3 pounds per week right through today. The exercise I love, but changing my food habits is still challenging to this day after 6 months or so since my start. So, if you can, just share your experience and how you were able to reach your goal? :happy:

Replies

• MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    I started here on August 29th, 2010. I got married August 7th and when my pictures came back, I wasn't hapy with how i looked in them. I decided to make a change, and here I am :). I set what i thought was a ridiculous goal as a joke in the beginning. I said one day. I want to lose 25lbs by my 25th birthday ... i never knew it was possible. I just celebrated my 25th birthday on November 6th and I lost a total of 24lbs. I didn't quite make it, HOWEVER, i came closer than I ever knew imagineable. I lost the 24lbs by eating smaller, healthier portions and working out : ) simple, old way.
  • my story started 3 years ago when i went to the doctor and she told me i needed to take care of my temple. i was about 205 at that time. i got down to 185 rather quickly by changing my eating habits. i then hung out there for about a year. in May of '09 i weighted 177. and i hung out there till mid-January of this year. i was watching what i was eating, but not eating healthy.
    then during the winter and spring months i lost another 10 pounds...riding my stationary bike like crazy, but not getting very far. in the spring i started changing some things in my eating.

then on July 12th i started Turbo Jam. then started watching my eating even closer. in Aug i started my daily Shakeology. and since starting Turbo Jam i am down about 20 pounds.

am i to my goal. good question. my ticker reads 11 more pounds to go. however, i'm not sure that is where i want to be at this time. i am liking the way i look. i do want to tone my belly and inner thighs more, but other than that. i would be way okay with the way i look. i am planning on altering my exercising big time the first of the year, but that is for toning and strength training and preparing for my kayak-a-lon. the bonus....the event is the end of April. our nephew is getting married in May. and then boating season! wooohoo! fit for boating season.
  • qwho
    qwho Posts: 157
    I started out on August 16 at 183 lbs, counted calories and recorded everything I ate and met my original goal of 23 pounds lost on Nov 24th, but decided to lose a little more, have lost 30 pounds now.

I had no plateaus, my weight loss slowed down towards the end, after reaching my original goal. I am about ready for maintenance, so I have increased my calories by 300 per day, and every two weeks will add 300 more if I continue to lose weight., until my weight stabilizes.

I should be in the range of 1900 to 2200 per day to maintain, but I want to go back up slowly and make sure I do not start gaining.

I have also added some exercising to my routine of late, besides the walking I do at work.
  • frankbo25
    frankbo25 Posts: 206 Member
    I actually just surpassed my weight loss goal. I started out in April at 270 lbs, my initial goal was 210, once I achieved it I set a new goal of 195 and as of thursday I am now 193.4 lbs!!!

my pics are here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/131657-p90x-round-2-day-30-pics
This discussion has been closed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!