Not a Super Model. Yet.

Options
2»

Replies

• tarcotti
    tarcotti Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Anyone feel free to add me as well! Anyone from all types of walks :)
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    I only hoard funny people.....
  • nicknock01
    nicknock01 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I can use all the motivation I can get. I've given up on Weight Watchers and just about everything else. Figure calorie counting makes the most sense, so better to go that route. I am reading the Zone diet book right now though.

I just reached the good part....the part where you set it on fire and make yourself a grilled cheese sandwich....
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Well hit me up when you've reached your goal and then we'll talk!

I <3 hot people.
  • SimplyAprille
    Options
    I accept everyone. It's good to have people to actually help motivate you with their successes and people who need a little boost I'm glad to help =)
  • AliceSwarthout
    AliceSwarthout Posts: 808 Member
    Options
    All my profile pics are me. :smile:
    So humble too :laugh: He knew he was that fit, attractive person aforementioned :wink:
  • anissa333
    anissa333 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    You can add me...anyone no matter what size or where you are in your journey!!
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,222 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I'm not a supermodel yet either. Maybe in my next life. :flowerforyou: :-D
  • ditzyFlip
    ditzyFlip Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I accept everyone. o uo I'm just not as verbally supportive as the rest. I'm more of a lurker, quietly liking your stuff.
  • Oi_Sunshine
    Oi_Sunshine Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    I just add people when I get bored. Only delete them when I get creeper messages.

what happens if I send you creeper messages prior to friending you? Marriage?

Nah, that is a surefire way to create a black hole and wipe out half the galaxy.
  • EmpireBusiness
    EmpireBusiness Posts: 333 Member
    Options

funny ha ha or funny looking?
  • lmcvicar1990
    lmcvicar1990 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    The supermodel thing is not all it seems! I tried lol I am 5'10" and got down to 140lbs when I tried to do some modelling a few years ago. I looked in the mirror realizing that I was starting to look too skinny; meanwhile knowing that my hips were still 2 inches bigger than the fashion industry's max expectation.

I had lost 20lbs in 6 months to get to that point. Nothing drastic, I was eating healthy and working out several times per week (I know that's what they all say) but I went into modelling telling myself that I would not restrict myself to abnormal measures for it and being 'too big' at 140lbs was the breaking point. So I stopped and moved on to bigger and better things :)

Before, it was all about the inches and really had nothing to do with me as a person and what would really make me happy.
    Now I focus on my increased strength, improved heart rate, and just did a 5k on the weekend and I feel great (if not a little sore lol). Plus I want to look my best in my wedding dress in August!!! :D

I think that the people who only add 'supermodel' types do so because they have similar superficial goals in mind and an equal affinity for 'clean eating.' They might understand each other better, which is fine. The average person on here seems motivated in self improvement and happy, healthy lives which I think is the much more important person to have around to help you stay on track.

Anyone can aim for that perfect fitness/ supermodel look if they want but that is only ever going to happen if you are wiling to let it take over your entire life. It will become your every waking thought of what you ate, when you should work out, did you work out enough, guilt over that one bad thing you ate the other day etc. It has been way better for me to go to the gym regularly (which naturally causes improvements in fitness) and then making general healthy choices in what I eat so that I can enjoy the gatherings that tend to involve treats or can not think about it when I want to make that yummy cheesy looking thing that I found on pinterest lol

People still tell me I should model and I am 15lbs bigger than when I actually tried it (and was too big); a lot of people don't seem to know HOW skinny you really have to be and how bonkers the expectations are. Not fun, not worth it. Be the best YOU, and don't compare to that!!
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options

funny ha ha or funny looking?

whichever makes me laugh.
  • WonderWhitney11
    WonderWhitney11 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    There is such a thing as plus-size modeling! Some of them are so much more gorgeous than "regular" models. :) I tried once... but I don't get the whole makeup and sexy thing, so I failed.
  • Bhany133A
    Bhany133A Posts: 9
    Options
    My profile picture is from last week (with an Irish Rugby player!!) All my other photos are of me as well. Where I was this time last year and where I was / am at the moment. Basically, they are where I want to be.... I add people for motivation.
  • fatbegone85
    Options
    Hi! I added you. I'm 4'11 currently at 205lbs. I'm just enjoying the journey right now. Trying to get to a healthy weight without starving myself or burning out. I've only been on here about a month, but I do log in daily.

Anyone else feel free to add me as well!

Edit: Can anyone tell me how to center a photo? I tried adding one of myself but it zoomed in on my butt :noway: . When I try to do it from my phone, it makes me crop the photo.
  • MikeCrazy
    MikeCrazy Posts: 2,716 Member
    Options
    Hi, 6'1" here and I'm sitting about 210ish right now. I don't look that big, but I feel like crap all the time. I swear I replaced all my muscle with fat since I took this desk job...I want my body back!

I am completely new to fat loss dieting as I never had to in the past. So I don't even know what to expect. I'll post some pics eventually...LOL.