My First 5K Tomorrow in DC...

Options
Oh my..Where do I begin.... To make a long story short, I have been serious about running about 2 years ago...Had a huge change in my life and I have found that the gym is my, for lack of better tearms, "my escape goat"...The one place I can go and focus on nothing, just me and my music.... I started out on the "Couch to 5K" program, LOVE IT!! Along with that, I was taking 7 spin classes in 5 days...I am addicted to spin, so much that my gym wants me to become certified and teach it..But thats another story...Anyway, I have had a few opportunites to run in 5K's before and I get all excited and ready, then chicken out....Last month I had a good friend ask me to run a 5K with her..Its a NFL Fit For You 5K, at the National Harbor in DC. Its going to be a good day, no matter what...But this being my first 5K...Any advice for a 5K newbie??

Replies

• Bump319
    Options
    :bigsmile: No advice but lots of luck! You can do it. ;)

Leslie
  • UpToAnyCool
    UpToAnyCool Posts: 1,673
    Options
    Haven't run one myself...yet, but wanted to wish you good luck! Let us know how it goes! :smile:
  • AGirlandHerFrenchie
    Options
    Good luck tomorrow!! You'll do awesome and the feeling as you cross the finish line will be amazing!!! :flowerforyou:

As for advice - take the race as it comes. Hit the bathroom before you start the race even if you don't think you have to go. Eat right and then go out and enjoy it. Don't think about your time, just do it and enjoy every minute of it!
  • angelia1965
    angelia1965 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I dont run but in my mind I swear I see myself running. I even dream about it, but have never come close. You can do it and congrats on being determined to go through with it!! Wishing you sucess! Enjoy yourself .