Anyone losing just sticking with MFP plan?

Options

Replies

• squishycatmew
    squishycatmew Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Well, yeah. I mean, I tweaked things to suit me (cut carbs by 10% from recommended, upped protein + fat - I feel fuller longer that way and feel like I have more long-term energy throughout the day, but I'm not eating "low carb", ignored sugar intake for overall carbs and fiber, ignored sodium in favor of monitoring iron) and set my own calorie goal, but yeah, logging and watching my nutrition using MFP and no special diet + exercise = nearly 30 lbs lost, without feeling like I'm starving or losing too much muscle.
  • Laiki55
    Laiki55 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    ABSOLUTELY.

I am "daily amazed" at how simple, easy, and downright enjoyable it now is to eat mindfully.
    I'm not setting any goals for an endpoint,
    because every pound I've lost to date has been a delightful surprise.
    For me, this is about learning to trust my body's wisdom
    as it finds and maintains its own best operating state.

After 50+ years of one unsuccessful attempt after another to CONTROL my weight
    using every conceivable variation on what/when/how/where/why to eat (or usually, not eat),
    I'm incredibly delighted and grateful to discover that it just doesn't have to be hard work.

"Observation changes the nature of what is observed" —
    Big ups to my best friend for introducing me to MFP,
    and to MFP for providing the tools that make this witnessing process fun.
  • Laughter_Girl
    Laughter_Girl Posts: 2,226 Member
    Options
    Yes! No fad diets for me. The support and knowledge I've gained since joining MFP have been invaluable.
  • CipherZero
    CipherZero Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    Yep; I started using MFP when I stalled on my "try it by the seat of your pants" weight loss.
    Shattered weight loss plateaus pretty regular-like, and the information gained is invaluable.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Yes, well, in the year that I was losing weight I did it while sticking to my calorie goal given by MFP to lose 1 pound a week and eating my exercise calories. Have since maintained for over 2 years while sticking with my calorie goal and eating exercise calories.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    I did! Lost a good 40lbs just using MFP alone. As I read up lots on the forums and discovered newer and better techniques of doing things, I adjusted.

Please share. I would like to know about the new and better techniques...
  • thomaszabel
    thomaszabel Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Yes. Lost almost 60 pounds. Then used it for maintenance for a few months. I had to reduce the suggested net calories MFP gave me by about 150 in order to maintain, but other than that no issues.

Then I stopped using MFP for about 2-3 months. Gained 10 pounds. Now I'm back to take those off over the next month and a half. Should be fun.
  • jball1954
    jball1954 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I stuck with it for a year and lost about 40 lbs. The key is "sticking with it". Count everything and don't go over your daily limit. If you get lax and either don't count everything or creep up past your daily caloric limit too often, you'll not succeed.
  • w951ufj123
    Options
    YES!!!! - I admit I was just needing to lose those last hard 15-20 pounds that I had gained. I did it - only paid attention to the calories and mostly followed the "if every day were like this in 5 weeks you'd weigh" number. I used that to see what my weight would be if I ate that cookie at the end of the day. I still eat pizza, cookies, I just eat less and find myself asking "Do I want to WASTE calories on that? - Do I need it that badly?" My calories were frequently in the red, but the weight was in my acceptable range, and I still lost it. I didn't worry about the carbs, fat, protein. I found it also pushed me to do cardio so that I COULD EAT more.

In addition, I setup my profile as sedetary - lowest that way I wasn't cheating myself. That's the other thing, be honest - you're only hurting yourself if you're not - no one else cares!

I push MFP to EVERYONE I know - I am so happy I was introduced!
  • ClementineGeorg
    ClementineGeorg Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    All my weightloss is due to sticking to MFP plan (limiting calories, counting calories, eating my workout calories). It wasn't liniar, but I just had patience and followed the plan.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    Yes. It is easy once you get the hang of it.
  • hfitkin73
    hfitkin73 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Yes. I track my calories on MFP and do a little exercise and I have lost 25 pounds so far.
  • christalweers
    Options
    Yes! I love my fitness pal. I do try to make sure most of the calleries are healthy foods and I exersize. :)
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,152 Member
    Options
    Yes!! I've customized the macro percentages but I track every day (day 550) and while it's sometimes slow, it's a constant progression. And one I can maintain for the rest of my life - I won't go back to my old eating habits when I hit my goal. I also just watch my coworkers drink their cabbage soup, while nibbling on some chocolate. :drinker:
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Yes!! I've customized the macro percentages but I track every day (day 550) and while it's sometimes slow, it's a constant progression. And one I can maintain for the rest of my life - I won't go back to my old eating habits when I hit my goal. I also just watch my coworkers drink their cabbage soup, while nibbling on some chocolate. :drinker:
    I love this!
    I ask myself if this is something I will be able to do for the rest of my life - yes.
    Is it something I WANT to do for the rest of my life - YES!!
  • skinny0000
    skinny0000 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Me!
  • DataSeven
    DataSeven Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Me as well. Been tracking for more than 5 months now, MFP is a great tool, and free!
  • maggie850
    maggie850 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I've been doing just that since Nov. Of 2013
  • siratlas
    siratlas Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Yes! My 38 lb loss so far has been MFP all the way ....it really helps to keep me focused and accountable
  • lgaal
    lgaal Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Yes - what works for me is tracking what I eat. I don't weigh my food, but even having an awareness with what I eat helps. It's definitely a lifestyle change and finding what you can stick with while still enjoying your life.

I lost 10lbs with this app and never once did I feel deprived as I still eat what I want - I just try and stick to my calorie goal. I don't track macros, but I try to eat pretty well rounded.