HRM malfunctioning???

Options
alf1163
alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
I am starting to get dissapointed with my Polar F4. I've had it for about 3 wks now but it looks like it is starting to malfunction. Twice already when I have pressed start it has not communicated with the chest strap to take the HR. The first time it happened it did something weird and then when it worked it told me I burned 830 cals in about 90 minutes. It was a strenous workout but it was way off than what it had calculated another time for the same workout. This morning it also took time to get it to work properly. Should I return it??? Have you had that problem with yours???? Help!!!!! :cry:

Replies

• alf1163
    Options
    I am starting to get dissapointed with my Polar F4. I've had it for about 3 wks now but it looks like it is starting to malfunction. Twice already when I have pressed start it has not communicated with the chest strap to take the HR. The first time it happened it did something weird and then when it worked it told me I burned 830 cals in about 90 minutes. It was a strenous workout but it was way off than what it had calculated another time for the same workout. This morning it also took time to get it to work properly. Should I return it??? Have you had that problem with yours???? Help!!!!! :cry:
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,784 Member
    Options
    I would take it back before it's too late. I would get the F6 or F11 - those seem to make people happy. I bought a cheaper one at first too, it didn't seem to read correctly. Check the receipt to make sure you can take it back, if not, I would contact Polar.
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Seconded. Yours may be defective. Absolutely take it back. If it's not working properly, you should be able to take it back, regardless of what the receipt says.:flowerforyou:
  • wtchywmn
    wtchywmn Posts: 193
    Options
    I just got a Polar F6 yesterday for Mothers Day. Very disappointed. The battery was dead. It wouldn't even turn on. :grumble: I am returning it today.
  • chiefiron
    chiefiron Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I dont know about the polar's but my Suunto has a battery in both the watch and the chest strap. i guess it would depend on how long you have had it or used it. how long should they last?

I do know that on mine the same work out has had a 200 cal difference for the same work out/time but to be honest the first day i did my new work out it was much harder than it was today 3 weeks later.

Tim
  • pam0206
    pam0206 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    I have an F4 and have not been disappointed. Is it possible that the gym machines you are using are interfering with the reception? I know in the user manual it says that it can happen. If that is the case, I would return it for a different model. Either the F6 or F11 is not supposed to receive interference from the machines. GL!
  • pam0206
    pam0206 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    Also, you may try moistening the receptors on the chest strap to help with the reception.
  • alf1163
    Options
    I have an F4 and have not been disappointed. Is it possible that the gym machines you are using are interfering with the reception? I know in the user manual it says that it can happen. If that is the case, I would return it for a different model. Either the F6 or F11 is not supposed to receive interference from the machines. GL!

I use mine at home. I really need to read the instructions again!! I bought it at the military store. I think I have about 30 days to return it with a receipt which I still have. Thank you guys so much for your ideas!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    Have you washed it lately? At the minimum, you have to wash it thoroughly every 5 workouts, but it's best to wash it after every workout. It actually maintains the receptiveness of the straps.