DUE TO THE CREEP ON FRIDAY NIGHT...

Options
2»

Replies

• kerikitkat
    kerikitkat Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Between Facebook and the other forum I've been posting in for years, so much of my identity is on the internet that I'm totally screwed if someone wants to stalk me.
  • BikeChick
    BikeChick Posts: 121
    Options
    Well, I saw that picture, too. I actually stared at it for a minute trying to figure out what it was, and when I did, I was nicely grossed out!
    So I changed my name, too. Just in case, I guess. :happy:
  • kaiyacali
    kaiyacali Posts: 175
    Options
    Ew. I think I know exactly what the pic is. It's been circulated around soooo many times. Nasty. But, whole not having your real name on any forum is pretty much self explainatory. Seriously, you're asking for trouble.
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Hmm now I just need to think of a new name
  • BigCityKittyz
    BigCityKittyz Posts: 378
    Options
    It's ALWAYS okay to be careful---and paranoid! I have to admit, I'm not much into divulging TMI anywhere, anytime...to anywhoo...because I do FREAK out about potential stalker status weirdos! When I first joined the site I thought it was totally cool how everyone has pics posted, but some of us (me included) can be totally naive and give out TMI to someone we learned to trust. In the world of internet, don't forget anyone can be ANYONE and EVERYTHING! And PREDATORS are very patient!

As far as the RUDE pic goes....I too stared and thought...What the heck is that? My son looked over my shoulder and said..."Ewwwwww, (I'll edit his language out of respect for all present)....and when I finally "Got It"....I said "Ewwwww" too!:noway:

Apparently....my son had actually seen the video....yes, there is a video.....treated to him by a best friend as a joke because they all lift weights together. There is one friend in particular that is always trying to out-lift everyone and his personal best weights. Friend with video said: "Watch this, because this is what is going to happen to you....ha! Ha! HA!"

Basically, the pic was of a powerlifter going for the world-record in powerlifting. Obviously, he didn't win. He was in that position for 30 mins. while paramedics wondered what to do....since he was in so much pain and couldn't even stand. What he experienced was a condition called rectal prolapse. I'd never even heard of it until now. So it was SORT of a learning lesson....for what it's worth.:angry

From here on out, I will stop trying to be wonder-woman and carrying all the groceries into the house in one trip!......It apparently can happen to your uterus, bladder, etc....UGH!

For all our fellow members who missed the "action" ....Yippee for you! You don't have the pic embrazen on the brain!:mad:
  • sgtinvincible
    sgtinvincible Posts: 2,559
    Options
    Between Facebook and the other forum I've been posting in for years, so much of my identity is on the internet that I'm totally screwed if someone wants to stalk me.

:devil: Excellent.....:devil:

:indifferent: Uhm.. I mean...nice day outside we are having.....:happy:

Anyway, yeah I agree with Sparkles, the guy was just getting his immature kicks. After Mike promotes a few mods we shouldn't have problems like this anymore.

That said, I do think that Beep has a point. While we have very active forums, there are a lot of lurkers, and the interweb being what it is, it's better to be safe than sorry. I don't mind people knowing my name, but anyone who has reservations about this might want to heed Beep's words of caution.

Good post Beep, and nice words of wisdom. :wink: :happy:
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    I can't lurk, I just HAVE to butt in where I have something...somewhat intellegent to say.

Some people think they are funny and just end up looking dumb, which this person proved. :happy:
  • Koozy81
    Koozy81 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    bump
  • hideandseek
    hideandseek Posts: 47
    Options
    I know the picture without even having to look it up. Its a picture of a man with a distended *kitten*... thats about all I'll say.
    It sounds like someone was just griefing the site - I wouldn't worry too much about personal safety etc from that sort of prankster. It was most likely a young netsavvy teenager with some spare time and no life.

I know... I was one at one time :blushing:

Well that's the picture I thought it was but she said it wasn't ...
  • beep
    beep Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I had never seen that picture before. I took what you said literally, a college boy's picture of himself, which this obviously (to me) wasn't, but was grosser.

I really don't even want to think about it anymore :noway:

Mike, can you take this whole post off????:laugh:
  • neome90
    neome90 Posts: 420
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Just want to say thanks ! I have been away a short while. Nice to be back. I know this seems totally abnormal in this day and age.......but mfp is "my first" :blushing: ....I have always had this paranoia or phobia about "chatting..."posting".... ect...ect... . Any ways... what I am trying to say I guess is thanks for the reminder that even though I have grown to trust this site so much ... to still be wise about "net use". (I hope that all made sense...so tired :yawn: )