Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Need help getting back into the swing of things!

How do you motivate yourself to get your bottom back into gear with diet and exercise? Due to moving house and dealing with all the problems that came with it I haven't been to the gym in a week. For the past three days I've been telling myself I'll go and get back into the swing of things but currently finding it really hard to actually get there and my brain is doing the whole "why even bother, you'll stay fat forever!" poop that usually I can ignore, but for some reason recently have started agreeing with.
I've been on MFP since December last year but didn't start using it seriously until the end of May/ beginning of June, since then I have lost 5lbs so I know I will lose weight, but despite the obvious evidence of potential success I am finding it hard to ignore my brain trying to tell me to give up.

Does anyone else experience this, moreso after a hiatus from the gym and diet for any reason? Any advice?

Replies

• yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    I get that. I do fall off of nutrition and my eating lifestyle is more difficult to keep in check. Fitness I love. That never stops. Even snowstorms don't stop me from going to the gym.
  • Ladybug1250
    Ladybug1250 Posts: 366 Member
    UGH YES and i'm right there with you, move and all. Except for me it's been like 3 months. We bought a house and sold our old one so I had a million things to do and have been more stressed than ever! It's finally calming down and we're almost completely settled in our new home so now it's time to get back into it. However, I feel like I have zero energy. Ive never had a big problem with energy but lately this has been a real effort to do much of anything. So here come the excuses. Well I have a three year old and I work 4 ten hour days, so there's that. Then I have the job of a house wife after working the long shift to come home and make and clean up dinner. after than who has energy to do anything so I usually relax a bit on the couch, then it's getting the toddler ready for bed which is always a process. UGH life is hard sometimes.

The weekends i'm better but If I had any advice for us it would be to start something small and also switch it up. Maybe take a power walk around the neighborhood. Sometimes we get bored with our routines and it helps to mix it up a little, plus once you get moving on something small you start getting a little more energy and before you know it you're feeling pretty good.