Overnight Oats - Your recipes

I have just started doing some Overnight Oats for breakfast. They were suggested to me by someone who has successfully lost a lot of weight and they claimed that these were a great filler.

They suggested 0% Greek Yoghurt, 35g of porridge oats and whatever fruit I desired, layered them all and then leave in the fridge for the morning.

I'm on day 2 and Its really filling and really tasty, not sure if I am completely sold on it and its benefits. It makes me feel full for about an hour and half and then i'm starving again. Plus its so thick.

Has anyone got any pointers or let me know what your recipes are?

Replies

• massromanticfool
    massromanticfool Posts: 34 Member
    I make mine with milk rather than yogurt, so it's much less thick. I usually use about 90g of skim milk, 45g of muesli, and sliced fruit (berries, bananas, mangos, etc- whatever fits). Love it- fills me up and is incredibly delicious and refreshing.
  • eclaireya
    eclaireya Posts: 61 Member
    This is my favorite overnight crockpot Oatmeal recipe. By my calculations, based on how many servings I get out of it, it's about 200 calories. And really tasted like banana bread! http://www.garnishwithlemon.com/crock-pot-banana-bread-oatmeal/
    I typically make my oatmeal in the morning though, using old fashioned oats and vanilla almond milk. I add either a tablespoon of PB2 or a tablespoon of peanut butter (depending what's in the pantry) and it fills me up nicely until lunch time. Depending whether you use PB2 or peanut butter, it will run you about 300-350 calories. But again, for something filling that sticks with you, I feel like that's not too bad.
  • trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Is it just me? What am I missing? Have tried 2 recipes from different sites that ppl rave about.

Haven't been able to eat than 2 spoons full.The texture,the taste just doesn't work for me.

Will leave them for ppl who like them & stick with cooked oats.