UK Heart Rate Advice Pleeeeasexx

jaycee76
jaycee76 Posts: 325 Member
edited September 22 in Fitness and Exercise
Hi

I live in the uk and am looking to get a good female heart rate monitor.
The thing is I have looked at lots but just get confused.
The main thing I want is accurate calorie burning and also info on training.
I have looked at lots of polar but am confused as there is F's Ft's Rs's etc!

I don't really want to spend much over £100

What have you got and how do you find it please???

Thank you

Jaycee xx

Replies

• I got the polar ft7 from amazon.co.uk. It is not strictly for females though but it works and it was under £100. I think last I look they were going for just under £90. I love the ft7 even though I did have some problems with it. But figured it out to be down to the strap so I just replaced that for £10.99 and now it works perfectly again. I do believe they do the ft7 in a female version not sure on the price.
  • jaycee76
    I got the polar ft7 from amazon.co.uk. It is not strictly for females though but it works and it was under £100. I think last I look they were going for just under £90. I love the ft7 even though I did have some problems with it. But figured it out to be down to the strap so I just replaced that for £10.99 and now it works perfectly again. I do believe they do the ft7 in a female version not sure on the price.

Thank you. I have been looking on amazon but just get confused between the letters and numbers of the models.
    Is the FT7 to same as the 70 and the F7? sorry if I am being thick but I don't want to end up buying the wrong one lol!
  • I believe the ft7 is the newer model to the f7. Not sure about the 70 though.
  • Just had a look on amazon and it seems the 70 is not a Polar but Beurer. Never heard of them so not sure how good they are.
  • MsLisaB
    MsLisaB Posts: 256
    With Polar HRMs F and FT are the fitness models (with FT replacing F), RS is running and multisport and C is cycling. You probably only need one of the fitness models. The FT4 and FT6 are both good and usually under 100.
  • simply_healthy
    simply_healthy Posts: 175 Member
    I recently bought Polar FT7 from amazon. Its awesome ! Will cost around 80 quids... I guess its a good deal.. You can totally go for it.

All the best :flowerforyou:
  • clioandboy
    clioandboy Posts: 963 Member
    I am getting the Beurer off amazon, i have heard that changing the battery on the polars is a swizz - big bucks and practically impossible at home.

I checked out review and the beurer is the one for me .....not got it yet so cant tell you more
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    If you are looking at the Polar F7, you should probably also look at the F6 because does the same great job at calorie counting (same functions) for less price. The 7 has more functions overall, but most people never even use all of the "extras."
  • jaycee76
    With Polar HRMs F and FT are the fitness models (with FT replacing F), RS is running and multisport and C is cycling. You probably only need one of the fitness models. The FT4 and FT6 are both good and usually under 100.

Thanks for your help!

I am loving the bronze FT4 as it looks more feminine than alot of the models. so if anyone has one then I would love hear how you find it

xx
  • RodgerBuckley
    RodgerBuckley Posts: 48 Member
    My eldest Son bought himself a Garmin watch type thingy which has built in GPS so that it can track your activity outdoors. What I found really good about it when I tested it was that it's simple to use, and the Heart Rate strap was very comfortable. I can't remember the model he bought, but I think it was £129. If you're interested, I'll ping him and ask him the model, but I do know they do other versions, some cheaper, and some more expensive - depends on how much functionality you want.

It really depends on what you want to get out of it I suppose, but I can recommend the one he bought as it also has the software so you can download it to your computer and it gives all sorts of graphs and stuff at the same time as it's charging, so you can monitor your progress effortlessly. You can even have a running buddy on the watch which will pace you for your routine. Equally good for the gym or the outdoors - versatility, AND it tells the time :bigsmile:

Another feature is that you set yourself up with a profile, and it warns you when you are in and out of your training zone - VERY useful feature! Other than that, it does the Heart Rate, Calories burned, targets etc etc etc
  • MsLisaB
    MsLisaB Posts: 256
    I am loving the bronze FT4 as it looks more feminine than alot of the models. so if anyone has one then I would love hear how you find it

I have the red F4 (which is being replaced by the FT4) and really like it. It haven't had a problem with the watch or chest strap and have even worn it swimming with good results. If I'm wearing a sports bra I do find I need to wear it between the bra and my skin to ensure a good connection.
This discussion has been closed.