Are you fit? How long and how often do you run (or walk)?

Options
2»

Replies

• bidimus
    bidimus Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I'm fit enough to run. For me it's the other way around. I run which in turn has resulted in becoming more fit. I'm also a turtle (12:30/mi is my happy place) but I'm not happy unless I'm running the long game. When not nursing an injury I'm running 20-40 miles a week over 3-4 days. Typically 2-3 six mile runs and a long run of 12+ miles or so on the weekends. It all depends on how I feel that weekend. I also like to mix it up as I'm always slow I vary my distance and terrain. Sometimes out on roads, other times on the trails. Mountains, cities, rural, you name it.

I enjoy my runs. It's become a passion for me so when I run I'd much rather do fewer longer runs than more shorter runs as the short ones feel like they're over before they start. To complete the picture, I'm not a lean runner. In fact at 210 lbs currently perhaps a Clydesdale would be an accurate description. But point me down a trail and I'll run till my legs give out.

I don't cross train, stretch, or even wear fancy running shoes. Though I do take advantage of my new active body to go do other things when the opportunity arises. I study form and the mechanics of running but other than that I just run. I'm ok with my speed and abilities. I'd rather go further than faster. So I do.

So in my case, no real plan. Just passion and in my opinion, passion will drive you harder and more successfully than any coach.
  • cvcman
    cvcman Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    i run an 8 minute mile...I run a little over miles every other day...on the off days I bike at a 19mph pace for 20-25 miles....so I do these 7 days a week....not sure if im fit but im 55 yr s old and 5'8" tall and weigh 139...Ihave some flab on my gut but face,legs etc are thin and solid
  • Mykaelous
    Mykaelous Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I'm a casual runner who has decided to up her game but I'm not really sure how long or how often fit people run. I go once or twice a week for an hour but sometimes I walk and sometimes I don't. Just wondering what people who are good at this do.

I'm terrible at running(I grew up with a cross hemispherical motor disability that makes my movement awkward), always have been, but I have quite good endurance. When my ankle is in good condition(I just sprained it) I would go for 1-2 hour jogs on an eliptical(or 1 hour on the tredmil at 6.5 mph, or 30 min run at a comfortable pace on pavement) 5 days a week and normally on the sixth day I would go for a 8-14 hour hike and cover about 40-50 miles.
  • angie007az
    angie007az Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I walk 5 miles in the morning, before breakfast, every day of the week.