what supplements do you take?

Options
2»

Replies

• neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    none unless I have a clinically diagnosable deficiency. I try to get all of what I need from food. I currently expose my skin to the sun on a nearly daily basis to ensure adequate vitamin D. I'm returning to the UK and intend to do this in summer (my skin's pale enough for this to work in summer around midday), but I'll probably take a vitamin D supplement in winter as the sunlight won't be strong enough in winter. It probably was fine in the palaeolithic era when people were naked most of the time but nowadays its harder to get enough sunlight to make adequate amounts of vitamin D.
  • thrazt
    thrazt Posts: 22
    Options
    Gacinia Cambogia - (I got it free, all 10 bottles of it, direct from Korea)

Magnum Nutraceuticals - Heats Accelerated

Optimum Nutrition - BCAA 1000mg

Optimum Nutrition - 100% Whey Protein

Universal Nutrition - UNI-SYN

Nutrabolics - ISO-MRP

MusclePharm - Assualt Hardened

Flaxseed Oil

*kitten* load of water
  • nicolemtracy
    nicolemtracy Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Currently, I take a Multi, Calcium and Biotin. I will be taking Maca Root for my hormones once I pick it up from the store.
  • xcalygrl
    xcalygrl Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    Multi-vitamin
    Iron
    Calcium
    Glucosamine for joints
    Protein powder (usually everyday)
    BCAA powder some days
  • Booda101
    Booda101 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Fish oil, multi-vitamin and creatine monohydrate. On some days, I'll throw in CLA for grins and giggles.
  • Aemely
    Aemely Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Vitamin C and E, usually. Occasionally, biotin, lutein, fish oil, B-16, cranberry pills, and iron. I get enough Vitamin D from dairy products and sun. Now that I'm doing the green drinks, I suppose the C is covered, but you can never have too much C. ;)

http://ods.od.nih.gov/factsheets/VitaminC-QuickFacts/
    http://ods.od.nih.gov/factsheets/VitaminE-QuickFacts/

Ever since I started back on MFP, I have the woozies quite a bit, so I'll have to figure out how to fix that issue... :yawn:
  • Pamela_in_Progress
    Pamela_in_Progress Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Vitamin D