CHALLENGE ...one packaged snack a day til Dec 1st

Options
"My name is Leigh; and I'm a recovering 100 cal snack addict...today I ate 3 100 cal packs of chocolate covered pretzels."

What's up Mfp buddies...ok I've realized my diet consists of too many 100 cal cookies...100 cal chips...fiber one bars...rice cakes etc...I'm setting up a challenge for the rest of the month. We can eat ONE packaged snack per day. Let's fill our other snack choices w fruits veggies nuts etc ....we will post which packaged snack we ate and then post our un packaged snack choices as well. This is really geared towards people like me who's diet consists of allllllll the great low cal snacks they have on the market rather than filling my day with the proper foods...

Example:
Todays Snacks
Apple
Carrots
Almonds
Fiber One Bar

This may really help some and we may drop a few more lbs from loosing the sugar...please share if you are lossing more by cutting out these snacks or if you have a success story from cutting out packaged snacks....love ya happy saturday

Replies

• Sirenism
    Sirenism Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    While I don't have this addiction, if you're in to 100 snack packs because they are fast and easy why not create your own in zip lock baggies? This way you'll eating less processed foods and still have the convenience.
  • HazelDiva1913
    HazelDiva1913 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Thats a great idea...I dont eat for convenience lol I eat because they taste so good. HOWever somebody out there prob does eat for convenience so thanks for that wonderful advice. you can create a little baggy of trail mix or nuts veggies etc
  • JoyJulRay
    JoyJulRay Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I cant buy the 100 cal snack packs because i would eat everyone in the box. I make my own..1/4 almonds, celery sticky , then I put 2 tbs of PB in a small bowl with a lip to control how much PB I eat, 1/2 grapes or I count out 10, sliced apples,carrot sticks I found these really cool ff jello squares ,sugar snap peas are really good for a fast snack.. all good finger foods.
  • Cher217
    Cher217 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I do the same thing with the ziploc bags. I need to buy stock in ziploc. I buy them buy the case. As soon as I get home from the store my daughter and I seperate everything by portion size. Carrots, Granola, Raisen, etc. Even her kiddie cereal. I will try to cut back on my fruit cups. Im addicted to those things. I will try to cut back to at least 3 a week.